Who has the best chance of knocking off Bucs?

Who has the best chance of knocking off Bucs?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Who can do it?

• Brigs
    • Bush
    • Cabs
    • CorpsVets
    • Cru
    • Empire Statesmen
    • 'Gades
    • Hurcs
    • MBI
    • Other
  2. 2. Will it be this year?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I voted Cabs, I think Empire, Hurricanes and Minnesota all have strong programs. All seem capable of putting together a show that could unseat Bucs this year. On the other hand, the Bucs would probably be most likely to undo themselves either through an overwhelming or underwhelming show. They have to get the chemistry right as they have done in recent years-else they are vulnerable to be beaten by all of the above. That said, I expect Bucs to go unbeaten and a real dog fight will emerge for number 2.

I'm hopin everyone will try!

In the winter of 2002 this same discussion was going on about the Brigs. Whoever is willing to scale the bar that has been set will beat the Buccs, so far they have been real good at not beating themselves.

It has to happen sometime!

Hey Joe,

The Buccs have an amazing Organization with a outstanding team of members, leadership, staff, and volunteers.

The Buccs have set a standard in drum corps that others strive to achieve.

The members, administration, staff, and volunteers of that Corps commit and follow through on their commitments.

This is why they are in FIRST PLACE. I would be crazy to try to guess which corps if any might come close to knocking them from their

title. But, it will certainly have to be one hell of a Corps.

The Buccs have committed to the South African Field Band Instrument donation program and have even passed the Crusaders

in their member donations of equipment to the program. I will be heading to the Buccs rehearsal this weekend to meet with Tom Moore

as he shares his excitement with me on what drum corps in the United States can do for the building and support of the South African people. (mainly children at risk)

Would you give me a hand with this project, Joe? I know you know some percussion people in Canada. Maybe you could be the link here on that.

Good luck to all drum corps this season!

I hope you all win!

Dave

-----------------------------------

Public Relations

Rochester Crusaders Drum & Bugle Corps

Edited by David Hobart

whomever scores just a leeeeetle bit more than the Bucs is the corps that will knock off the Bucs.

<$1 (sorta) to Jeff Ream>

hey i'll take a quarter in these times

My heart moved me to vote for my 'alma mater' to catch the Bucs this year, I'll confess. I recall Jim Costello often saying something to the effect that, "Somebody has to win. There's no reason why it shouldn't be us." (Then he proceeded to work our tails off!) That notion still rings true today.

The drum corps off-season is a lot like baseball's Spring Training: Everyone's a champion, until the games begin. Likewise, every corps is a winner until the contests start. Numbers and hype are fun and entertaining to keep you occupied during the off-season, but what really matters is what happens from June to September.

However, Jim also was fond of saying, "Championships are won in the winter, not in July or August." We may have made great strides and appeared to 'put it all together' sometimes late in the season, resulting in a DCA title, but be assured the foundation for any and all championship seasons was laid in the winter months.

To that end, I say good luck Cabs! Work hard this off-season and be ready to give the champs a strong challenge. It sounds like they've got the show and the talent. Now comes the long hours and determination to best the best on the field next summer. This could be 2003 all over again!

Bush...in fact if they had a few more horses last year and got out of the box a bit stronger, who knows what may have happened.

Horses?! That's all we needed? Well this year with the circus-ish theme, we just may be able to use the horses. Throw in a couple extra lions and tigers and we'll be awesome. :thumbup:

I hear the "others" are doing a really good show this year. They may be the corps to beat. :thumbup:

Bush...in fact if they had a few more horses last year and got out of the box a bit stronger, who knows what may have happened.

Amen. I loved Bush's show last year-it was really distinctive *and cool) sounding and that huge guard.