Bluecoats Update

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just part of the daily warm ups.

darn. D:

I'll always love my Bluecoats ... but I too think the uniforms are a little too BD-ish. I wish they'd stayed with the blue-and-white look, but going back to that now would mean people would say "too Blue Stars-ish". And I still like the "Bugle B" logo A LOT better!!!

As for the show concept -- who knows?!?!?! Or more correctly -- what show?? The background music may be from the show, but it also might just be for the video. They could tell us exactly everything they were playing right now, but it's still all about the show on the field and we truly won't know until then. But, please -- speculate away!!! At least you're talking about the Bluecoats!!!

As for doing something "that's never been done before" -- they're going to march and play and spin and dance, right?? I think that's been done before.

Please just be good and entertain me!!!

Edited by BlueR36

Its just a Constantly Risking Absurdity rip off

100% disagree. Bloo has a definite concept and inspiration behind their show (Renee Magritte's art) whereas the Devils in Blue had a show that was more random and cluttered with absolute absurdity. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVED the Blue Devils last year, but I don't think that Bloo is ripping them off at all.

You could argue that 2008 BD was a rip off of 2005 Cadets as well in regards to the absurdity and intelligence behind the show.

Just a thought

With that being said- I can't WAIT to see Bloo in July!!!

I'll always love my Bluecoats ... but I too think the uniforms are a little too BD-ish. I wish they'd stayed with the blue-and-white look, but going back to that now would mean people would say "too Blue Stars-ish". And I still like the "Bugle B" logo A LOT better!!!

As for the show concept -- who knows?!?!?! Or more correctly -- what show?? The background music may be from the show, but it also might just be for the video. They could tell us exactly everything they were playing right now, but it's still all about the show on the field and we truly won't know until then. But, please -- speculate away!!! At least you're talking about the Bluecoats!!!

As for doing something "that's never been done before" -- they're going to march and play and spin and dance, right?? I think that's been done before.

Please just be good and entertain me!!!

Good points, R.

As a Bluecoats alumnus, I must admit that I was really skeptical of the 08 show announcement. I had a hard time envisioning it being pulled off without being full of cheese. But boy did they ever pull it off. Looking back, I probably should be a little ashamed that I didn't have faith in guys like Mac and Doug. And so I have learned ... wait until it hits the field.

Edited by mingusmonk

100% disagree. Bloo has a definite concept and inspiration behind their show (Renee Magritte's art) whereas the Devils in Blue had a show that was more random and cluttered with absolute absurdity. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVED the Blue Devils last year, but I don't think that Bloo is ripping them off at all.

You could argue that 2008 BD was a rip off of 2005 Cadets as well in regards to the absurdity and intelligence behind the show.

Just a thought

last year's show was actually based off of a poem.

Just a thought

The concept is the same as BD...different words to describe the same thing

Edited by HashBrownJM