And the results are....

not going now

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea.

Even cooler would be to let you make your mix from 13-21/25, All-Girl, etc . . .whatever they have left circuit-wise on VHS that could be transferred to DVD.

Be fun to make a Ventures/Bandettes DVD or a "Best 13th Place Show Ever" one. . . or a Marauders/Freelancers one . . .well, I'd have a lot of fun with it, anyway. :rolleyes:

Good call with the 13th place DVD. You can also do a DVD of the Top 12 shows for every drum corps.

I guess I'll have my own Classic Count Down. On May 13th.

1975- 27th Lancers

1976- SCV

1979- North Star

1980- Spirit

1987- Cadets

1988- Devils

I'll skip this year unless friends drag me there.

...so there's no way I'm gonna spend money to go see it in a theater. Better luck next time.

I don't get posts like this. Every time I've gone to a theater to see one of these, I've had nothing but fun... kicking off the season at a theater full of drum corps fans, counting down the days till the start of the new season. When I read comments like this, I wonder why people just can't enjoy life. You don't want to spend the money? Ok, I get that. But "Better luck next time?" Whaaaaa? :rolleyes:

I haven't bought a finals DVD since 03, and there's a reason for that.

Yeah, my DVD player was broken for awhile too. Then I ponied up the $30 and bought a new one .... problem solved!!!!

Wasn't planning on going until they announced that 2007 Bluecoats is "In".

Won't pass up the chance to see THAT show on the big screen again!!

I guess I'll have my own Classic Count Down. On May 13th.

1975- 27th Lancers

1976- SCV

1979- North Star

1980- Spirit

1987- Cadets

1988- Devils

I'll skip this year unless friends drag me there.

I'm going to BoxingFred's countdown.

I'm not surprised what so ever that this is the list. I would have swapped 07 Bluecoats and 06 Blue Devils for 05 Madison and 03 x-men though. They were on last years DVD / movie theater showing, they should be disqualified like they did with the first two.

Going to be cool to see two shows I saw live on the big screen though (04 cavies and 04 SCV).

I don't get posts like this. Every time I've gone to a theater to see one of these, I've had nothing but fun... kicking off the season at a theater full of drum corps fans, counting down the days till the start of the new season. When I read comments like this, I wonder why people just can't enjoy life. You don't want to spend the money? Ok, I get that. But "Better luck next time?" Whaaaaa? :rolleyes:

True. I mean, getting together with drum corps friends, meeting new ones, taking over a movie theater and checking out drum corps on the big screen (even if I've seen the shows before), and of course the "after party." What's not to love? I haven't missed one yet, and can't wait for this one. Didn't even vote. Don't care. I still know I'm going to have a blast.