And the results are....

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, there are some really bitter people on this forum. If you don't like drum corps as it is today, and all you can do is complain, maybe you need to find a new hobby? There's gotta be something out there that's better for your blood pressure (maybe fishing or model train sets?) than getting on some chatboard and scoffing like petulant children at the results of this vote.

"Harumph, I would dare not show my face at such a production! I can't believe you people would stand for this!"

Who cares if you like the selection or not? Go to the theatres, bring a friend, and slap down your cash if nothing else than to simply support the activity! If you're too cheap to do that, or are too indignant to get off your pedestal and support the kids, then why do you care about this activity nowadays at all? Go sit in your cave and watch your legacy DVD's from the good 'ole days (not to pick a fight with the older crowd specifically -- there's also the kiddie crew who probably never marched and acts as if they know it all).

There are several people that lurk around here and post constantly who seem to be an *unending source of negativity*. Are you guys the people that attend the shows during the summer and don't applaud or cheer? As a former marching member, I would have loved to boo you guys out of the stadium. By trying to preserve whatever you guys think "drum corps" is, you are *killing the spirit of the activity*.

Anyways, tl;dr and all that, I know. And this thread's probably not the place for this rant. And there are a good deal of positive posts on this forum from wonderful chaps. And if I don't like it I can get out, I know. Maybe I'll get through to one person though.

------

And to be slightly more on topic: I'll see you guys at the theatres :rolleyes:

I wish they were showing it in a theatre in England.

Just so I could say, 'I'm not going!!!!' :rolleyes:

My legacy DVDs from the 80's and 90's dont look too shabby on my set up too, surely they still look good on a very big screen (cue someone blindly following all DCI 'improvements' to pipe up with arguement about pixels, soundwaves and such like!)

Cant understand why DCI doesn't touch up the older stuff and play that in the theatre to show the newer fans where it has come from and make the 'spectacle' of the new, improved DCI even more impressive. ;-)

For those saying WE picked the shows, THEY told us which to pick from. Kind of like saying to your child 'you can have anything in the world, as long as its an xbox.' It would have been good to have a couple from each decade followed by last years champions. Then it would be a real 'countdown' as opposed to ' fans random choice from last few years'.

I've got the CLASSIC countdowns on DVD and also the modern finals discs. I find most of the modern stuff quite boring and too bandy, but that is only my opinion (and I'm allowed to share it!)

If you want to label DCI's GREATEST SHOW EVER as a bando show...speaking for bandos everywhere...we'll be glad to take it.

This made me giggle.

And no, not refering to 2008 Regiment as bando. I just know the reaction that will take place. It'll be something like this.

"ZOMFG!!11 2008 REGIMJMUNT IS EPIC. FULL OF WIN. ALL UTHER CORS IS TEH SUXORS!!1ONE! I;'M TOTTALLY GIVIN UP BARI SAX TO LEARN MELLO AND MARCH REGIMUNT NEXT YEAR!!!1 I AM SPATAKUS!!!!"

Edited by contrajedi8

Note to self: Opinions aren't allowed on DCP unless they agree with the masses. Stick to the joke posts and the off-topic forums.

:rolleyes:

Note to Mellofone08: When you announce your opinion on a public forum, you open yourself up to criticism from others. It's a tad hypocritical to take offense when someone criticizes you on DCP, when you yourself got on DCP to criticize the Countdown results.

This made me giggle.

And no, not refering to 2008 Regiment as bando. I just know the reaction that will take place. It'll be something like this.

"ZOMFG!!11 2008 REGIMJMUNT IS EPIC. FULL OF WIN. ALL UTHER CORS IS TEH SUXORS!!1ONE! I;'M TOTTALLY GIVIN UP BARI SAX TO LEARN MELLO AND MARCH REGIMUNT NEXT YEAR!!!1 I AM SPATAKUS!!!!"

Um... how dare they? We sure don't want kids to be excited by a great drum corps show, am I right? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what you're getting at. The reaction you're describing isn't too different from the one 20,000 of us shared in Bloomington last August, and it pretty much sums up DCP's attitude toward the show for the last nine months or so. Silly me, I thought a show that could get people going like that was a good thing.

not going now

Could you expand on this? Why have you decided, just now, that you're not going? And I'd like to hear from anyone who has expressed that sentiment only now, after the results have come out. A number of people have said they would like to see a wider selection of years, and I understand that complaint. But those people would have decided not to go from the time this particular Countdown was announced; they wouldn't have needed to wait for results. If the results displease you, why? What results would have pleased you, and would cause you to attend? I think if we had those thoughts being shared, we might have a more productive and positive discussion.

Remember, DCI only picked the years available, and the criteria for selection (i.e., six shows, two rounds of voting, one show per corps). The actual selection of the line-up rests with us fans. The shows that made it onto the screen are there because they got the most votes, which means that even if you're not pleased with every selection you probably voted for at least a show or two on there, right?

I was looking at the preliminary results and if I had just voted 5 more times (I voted 131 times for 12 shows) then Magic 2003 would have made the top 12 instead of Crossmen. I almost made a difference.