DCA To Stay In Rochester For 2010/2011

Maybe DCA can be like NASCAR and hold its biggest event (like NASCAR's Daytona 500) at the beginning of the season in June, and then just have "regular-season" shows after that.

"Tentative DCA Schedule:

1) Mid-June: Championships

2) Late June-Labor Day Weekend: Bunch Of Other Stuff"

:worthy::blink::blink::devil:

Fran

I get that you are trying to be funny. :worthy:

But in defense of Nascar you are dealing with professionals that are ready to race a championship race every weekend regardless of when the season starts.

Edited by camel lips

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wrong. the A.L nats were held sept. 21st 1964. anyway the winning streak of the cabs was broken

American Legion

National Championships

September 21, 1964

Dallas, Texas

1 Hawthorne Caballeros 84.766

2 Syracuse Brigadiers 80.780

3 Boys of '76 67.050

4 Governaires 52.583

5 Chattanooga Volunteers 40.300

6 Albuquerque Dukes 39.250

7 Valley City, N. Dakota post 31.483

Here's a link to the program book from the 64 Syracuse show on Nanci's Historical web-site ... Rochester did beat the Cabs at that show but, according to the cover, it was held on Sept 6th - before the AL Nats ...

593009890_54c61843f9_o.jpg (cover)

592936606_5b889e28fc_o.jpg (scores)

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

Here's a link to the program book from the 64 Syracuse show on Nanci's Historical web-site ... Rochester did beat the Cabs at that show but, according to the cover, it was held on Sept 6th - before the AL Nats ...

593009890_54c61843f9_o.jpg (cover)

592936606_5b889e28fc_o.jpg (scores)

your right. i remeber that now. but the point was the A.L. nats were not held in october.

your right. i remeber that now. but the point was the A.L. nats were not held in october.

Oh ... maybe he was thinking of Miami in 1960 or Las Vegas in 1962 ... c'mon ... it was only 45+ years ago!!!!

I am in Central Ohio and was very happy to hear that DCA will be staying in Rochester. I hate traveling so far east and love Rochester. It is a good compromise location for many fans that would like to attend and do not live along the east coast. I have many friends in Illinois from past Drum Corps days that would like to attend, but can not make it because they have to be at work and at their teaching positions on Monday morning and the trip is just too far. Harrah for Rocheste!!!!!!! I applaud the decision.

But in defense of Nascar you are dealing with professionals

Left turn..... left turn..... left turn..... left turn.... :worthy:

Fran

Oh ... maybe he was thinking of Miami in 1960 or Las Vegas in 1962 ... c'mon ... it was only 45+ years ago!!!!

yeah i know . my brain takes a vaction like that a lot. :worthy:

That night on Sept. 6, 1964 was monumental in the history of drum corps... it did several things:

1. Proved Cabs could be beat

2. influenced my decision to join Crusaders for 1965 instead of Brigadiers

3. cemented the merger of the Crusaders and Grey Knights

4. gave me the opportunity to tell everyone how one of the most influential Caballeros of the modern era may have been single handedly been responsible for Crusader's victory that night... here's the story

In 1964, like most corps, Cru had just two of those new fangled horns called contra basses. One was played by one of the best liked Crusaders ever, Dave MacEaneny. The other? Well that's the rest of the story... That labor day weekend show (run by John Chooch Laskowski) coincided with the due date for Dave's son. Sure enough, Mrs. Mac goes into labor that day and no way can Mac make the show. Remember there is only 2 contras and the show features the famous contra duet in "I Talk To The Trees". Not only does the other contra have to turn the duet into a solo and deal with the hole, but he must carry the whole show on his shoulders. Obviously, he was up to the challenge and the Crusader Victory was one of the shockers of all drum corps history.

The lone contra that night? None other than my good friend Peter Bishop - long time Cab, one of the founders of the Cab Alumni and Corps Director of Caballero Alumni corps. Now THAT is irony...

Left turn..... left turn..... left turn..... left turn.... :worthy:

Fran

:worthy: