DCA To Stay In Rochester For 2010/2011

all i can say is that when i was in corps cru and bruni had most of the champioships in rochester. we drew the biggist crowds ever held for dca AND MADE THE MOST MONEY. we did have jersey city, allentown, hershey, and philly and the crowds were smaller and the money was a lot less. say what you will but it's the best place for dca. rochester rules .

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finals in Rochester is a very stable move for the next few years,...............now more regular season shows are needed to grow the fan base........................and the regions need to continue to grow.............

You are correct sir... As I've said many times before, when a Southern or Midwestern Regional starts doing big numbers, then we'll see a shift.

You are correct sir... As I've said many times before, when a Southern or Midwestern Regional starts doing big numbers, then we'll see a shift.

exactly. i asked last year what were the attendance numbers at show outside of the NE.

no one answered.

i know the midwest has a rich history for drum corps, but it IS a DCI history, and the all age activity is still not as accepted out there by the majority of fans.

now one good thing would be in future years to tie a DCA show in with DCI at Indy like Madison and Buffalo had. Granted the current DCI schedule for finals week makes it tough, but it is possible.

This would be a good year to hold them, with the extra week before Labor Day weekend. *shrugs*

DCA-S in Ashville, NC?

DCA-C in St. Louis, MO?

Boo. S.O.S.

Did you join a committee and place a bid?

A huge positive for a midwest championships is..... no hurricanes!!

Did you forget tornado warnings we had at Prelims in 2006? Sun was on the way to the stadium and had to turn around and go back to our hotel after being informed by DCA that there was a tornado warning in the area. High wind, rain, 40 degree temps, WORST CONDITIONS EVER!!! DCA should have been ashamed to make corps perform in that weather. What hype, the only thing we cared about while warming up was keeping warm = worst performance ever! The wind blew our prop, an 8-foot cube made of steel, and almost took out our horn instructor during the field warmup!

I like Rochester but the restruants really need some FRESH FRUIT and Avacados. Call me spoiled but the food sucks.

We'll leave the fruit to you California folks :smile: