You Know You've done too much Drum Corps in your life when......

When you hear a tune on the radio and you:

3) You start drumming on the steering column, corps style...

guilty

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you watch a cooking show and you refer to the presentation as GE and staging

When you're in an elevator and wonder why they don't play drum corps tunes to pass the time. Would make the ride a lot quicker and doubt I would want to get off on the right floor.

.....when it's ok if you can't find your tape measure.....because you mark it off out using your 8-to-5 skills.

I just did this yesterday to measure out my fence in my backyard for new fencing.

... at home, you sleep on the floor.

The first couple of years after tour I'd have to sleep on the floor for many weeks or even a month after and I'd sleep on the tile on the first floor by our front door because it was cooler (I lived in the desert.) Every night I'd have to put a sign at the top of the stairs that said, "Just sleeping" so my mom wouldn't wake up in the morning and think I'd fallen to my demise at the bottom of the stairs all splayed out on the tile.

Ya, the bus thang! I drove over a 1000 miles this week and glanced at every tour bus...and why would they even be on the road? Diesel fumes, a given, esp. when I was standing in back of the bus at Disneyland and they started it up...I coughed for days. Freshly cut grass with sprinklers going... and still being able to play your old drum solo on the steering wheel pretty clean, esp. the flam drags and inverts!

... you still can't bring yourself to make a pb&j

... when you see someone walk by with a diet soda can and you wonder if it's vodka, tequila, or whiskey.

When you're walking along listening to your IPod a realize you're on the "wrong" foot and without even giving it a second thought skip step to get back in.

People do stare.

Do i care ...

Nah!

And what do you know! This is my 630th post!

Puppet

Edited by Puppet