You Know You've done too much Drum Corps in your life when......

You find yourself walking up to receive communion in Mass utilizing "toes up" marching style.

I was at a wedding and one of the groomsmen roll stepped down the aisle. I knew he had marched corps-style band, not corps itself, so I had to refrain from getting up and out marching him. :whistle:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you drive by any school and wonder how many rehearsal fields they have.

Or what their shower facilities are like.

Medina, Ohio, has enough football fields between the school district and the local youth football league that we could easily host a show and probably house them all, too.

I so want to make it happen.

To this day I still find myself stepping off on the left foot, even on a sidewalk or in the grocery store.

I can only imagine the first week back for Cadets members when they go to their high school or college marching bands and have to re-acclimate themselves to left foot lead.

When you hear anything in G Major and think "hmm, that sounds familiar..."

I remember when I heard the first big hit from Cadets in 2000 and, as it was the first Bb year, realized that no corps had ever played that chord before.

When you go to buy tickets for a show at the Opera House and ask for seats "On the Fifty"...

People are amazed at your ability to sleep in a moving vehicle under any circumstances... or your inability to stay awake in a moving vehicle. I'm a terrible riding companion because moving vehicles are meant for sleeping! Gotta catch the Zs when you have the chance.

... when you arrange your digital music library based on how well the music will go together in a drum corps show

... when listening to music, you wonder how it can work in a drum corps show

... when you are told to hurry up, or are in a hurry, you jazz step instead of run

When you hear a tune on the radio and you:

1) Figure out what corps could play it best...

2) You start fingering the melody with what feels right...

3) You start drumming on the steering column, corps style...

WHOA..number 3 to a "T". Even buying a car based on the positioning of the steering column and weather your hands and wrists fit between the steering wheel.

People are amazed at your ability to sleep in a moving vehicle under any circumstances... or your inability to stay awake in a moving vehicle. I'm a terrible riding companion because moving vehicles are meant for sleeping! Gotta catch the Zs when you have the chance.

Nahhh, vehicles are ment for DRIVING :whistle:

I purposley pick early A.M. routes (that's 4:30am) that are on the freeway with nothing but truckers just sos I can fantasize that we're heading to the next show sight. Sick? Yah I know, but it gets me through the day.

I just gotta remember to take the right exit! :thumbup: