You Know You've done too much Drum Corps in your life when......

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all my passwords are some rudimental lick... in fact, you can have the lick, but only I know the keys :whistle:

tapdrag tapdrag sixlet 4 a [enter]

paradiddlediddle puduhduh [enter]

bookreport 2 grandama [enter]

:thumbup:

HAHAHA :thumbup: I find myself doing this to0. Most passwaords are to long for "Ditty" though lmao

The only friggin' computer passwords you can remember involve a corps name, year, instrument, placement, etc, etc.... (Some day Uncle Sam will audit my passwords and go --> :whistle: )

You drive thru an area you never been thru before and remember the name of a corps that used to exist there. Drove from Central PA to NH one year and could call out a corps name at almost every exit around the Boston beltway. But only thought of this after reading about Port Clinton. OH (Vacationland Sweethearts All Girl).

When you stop in some public place -- listening to the music you're hearing in the background...

Your wife looks at you and asks (wearily, because this has happened before and knows what's going on), "What?"

You reply with an ID on the song and what corps played it...thus getting you a slap on the arm.

-----

Lost count of how many times I've done this!

When you can't run with music because your feet will be going to quickly for the music. Seriously, marching has ruined running with music for me. :whistle:

...you watch a marching band and have an aneurysm

You watch the choreography in a Broadway play and think " A Drum Corp would have preformed it better."

-You're marching in parade, and you see three spectators standing in clump yelling, "Play something", and you think, "Dummies don't you know that we're only gonna play where there's a big crowd".

-You ride past a High School Stadium and think, "Yeah, that would be a good place for a Corps Contest".

- You buy a new CD, and while listening say to yourself, " Yeah, that would be a good song for so and so to play".

-You cringe watching a high school band whose trumpets are held at angles like a clarinet.

-You do an imaginary "tick" motion whenever you here a brass player crack, miss a note or hand on to a release no matter what type of performance you're at

You're driving somewhere in a different state far from home when all of a sudden you pass by a shopping center and you say, "I think I've eaten at that Taco Bell." And sure enough you pull into the lot and you remember so-and-so ate over there on that hill with so-and-so and someone else took that unattached outdoor stool... errr, I mean procured that unattached outdoor stool for future use for the... ummm... pit. Yeah, that's it.

When you stop for a quick fuel at a truck stop and feel compelled to stay a full hour.

When you can't leave said truck stop before you buy a box of poptarts, lucky charms, and miniature toiletries.

When you do leave the truck stop you find yourself meandering through the trucks looking for your ride, when you realize you were in a car this time.