You Know You've done too much Drum Corps in your life when......

... when you arrange your digital music library based on how well the music will go together in a drum corps show

... when listening to music, you wonder how it can work in a drum corps show

... when you are told to hurry up, or are in a hurry, you jazz step instead of run

You mean not everyone does this?!?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... when you wake up in the middle of the night when you think of a great drum corps show.

... when you walk in a parking lot trying to make you're right foot hit the line and count the steps between. (when they have the pedestrian cross walk you try to hit it every two steps).

... when you stop in a mall and start conducting to the faint music above you while looking at the directory.

... when you stop and talk to the person conducting to the faint music above you.

... when you see a football stadium and try to see a drum corps stadium.

... when you hear someone say Madison, Blue Devils, Cavaliers, Santa ____ (as long as Santa's in front of it it makes me think of Santa Clara Vanguard)

... when you name your guild in World of Warcraft... Vanguard with your character Phantomes and his pet Spartacus (yes I did this)

:whistle:

When you get uncomfortable watching a football game in a stadium you have performed in.

Your pass codes on your computer at work are drum corps related.

You judge your drive into work by how many drum corps you can listen to. ( It takes me the 1980 top six to get to work during non rush hour)

Just a guess here but I'm guessing you're a little younger than some of us...
Thank you , thank you , thank you !!!!!!!!!!!! :whistle::thumbup::whistle::omg::thumbup::beer::drool::thumbup::crazy::smile::cool::silly::thumbup::thumbup::w00t::wacko:

When the thought of summer sounds rustic chords in your head. When the smell of grass in the summer brings back the memories of all day ### kickings. When flying on a plane reminds of you of the long ride home.

... You unfairly judge ALL performances to the DCI calibre level. For instance, the local high school here does ONE band performance a year aside from the parades in town, they do the Homecoming football game. Not a single kid is in the band or cheer squads because they have a passion for marching, so their performance, while definitely "Mom & Dad appreciated quality" is hardly together or stellar.

And I have the nerve to judge it in my mind only as if it were an August performance of drum corps on their way to DCI...

:whistle:

When your own predicitons about the weather are about as correct as the weatherman's (reading storms and whatnot)

I love it when that happens. When I go outside and am like "it'll probably rain in the next hour or so" and it does!