One song says drum corps

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are really very many songs for me that say drum corps. You said song right ? That would rule out most of todays stuff, "8 bars of something and then 32 bars of pit-pounding. " Sorry just MHO ................

I will have to go with, " Pictures of Spain."

Bill

Malaguena.

Deride it all you want, it's a chart that has been played by so many corps (and in so many different ways) that it's forever linked to drum corps in almost all eras.

I agree. I just looked on corpsreps, and since 1960, it's been played at least once every decade by at least one current World Class corps. I can't think of any other pieces that have that distinction.

Malaguena.

Deride it all you want, it's a chart that has been played by so many corps (and in so many different ways) that it's forever linked to drum corps in almost all eras.

This.

Malaguena.

:ph34r:

:withstupid::thumbup::thumbup:

NO DOUBT !!!

It's about the only chart that has been able to transcend the decades, since most of the other tunes played by everybody at any time were primarily patriotic stuff used for Color Pre's.

It almost seems fitting that Malaguena is the signature song, I'd like to see AND hear all of the different arrangements of it since...say, 1960. That's about when the voicing opened up and guys started getting creative with music..I'm sure there are some amazing versions that most of us have never heard. :worthy:

Pat

Malaguena.

Agree.

Fran

..I'm sure there are some amazing versions that most of us have never heard. :withstupid:

I think that the treatment the Yokohoma Inspires of DCJ/DCA fame did a few years ago . . .the show was called simply "M" . . .is pretty great.