The Countdown

I will at least give DCI kudos from dropping the word "Classic" from "The Countdown", as this year's version is anything but.

Whether or not I go will depend on how bored I am that evening, and what friends of mine are going.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will at least give DCI kudos from dropping the word "Classic" from "The Countdown", as this year's version is anything but.

Whether or not I go will depend on how bored I am that evening, and what friends of mine are going.

Definitely agree with everything said there. I own the DVDs of the years (and marched most) that are being shown so whether or not I go will be decided on more of a social factor. Just as good for me, I'm willing to pay $10 to see old friends.

i know it already has it's own thread, but i thought it would make more sense having it on here.

Field Pass: Your complete preview of 'The Countdown'

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=f...46-d855899957f0

"The Countdown" will light up movie screens at more than 400 U.S. theaters this Wednesday, May 13. The 2009 edition of Drum Corps International's annual spring cinema event will showcase six favorite DCI corps performances from the past six seasons.

While drum corps fans could easily watch those same shows on DVD from home, they will come in droves to their neighborhood megaplexes on Wednesday to experience performances in high def and cinema-quality surround sound, and to see the "extras" – the cinema-only features that will preview what some select corps are fielding this summer.

In today's Field Pass, Dan Potter "previews the previews" with former Phantom Regiment drum major Will Pitts, who has a starring role as "The Countdown's" roving reporter.

i know it already has it's own thread, but i thought it would make more sense having it on here.

Field Pass: Your complete preview of 'The Countdown'

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=f...46-d855899957f0

"The Countdown" will light up movie screens at more than 400 U.S. theaters this Wednesday, May 13. The 2009 edition of Drum Corps International's annual spring cinema event will showcase six favorite DCI corps performances from the past six seasons.

While drum corps fans could easily watch those same shows on DVD from home, they will come in droves to their neighborhood megaplexes on Wednesday to experience performances in high def and cinema-quality surround sound, and to see the "extras" – the cinema-only features that will preview what some select corps are fielding this summer.

In today's Field Pass, Dan Potter "previews the previews" with former Phantom Regiment drum major Will Pitts, who has a starring role as "The Countdown's" roving reporter.

I've decided to go to the AMC theater in South Barrington.

Edited by TRBlair

I'm probably going to be the only person in the theater on Wednesday. :P I'm going to the Cinemark in Springfield, OR.

Ashland, KY

Me and a couple of friends that I was in college marching band with will be taking about 4 other friends as well as around 5 students. It's about an hour and a half away but these kids have not been exposed to drum corps very much (last year being their first show at Drums Across the Tri-State and now they cannot get enough!!! It's a long drive and a couple of the shows I am "eh" about but it's still gonna be great sitting there with others who love and appreciate it, having a good time and showing these kids what they can accomplish if they put their heart and soul into anything they do!

P.S. Sneak peak at Phantom Regiment doesn't hurt either!!!!!!!!!!