2009 DCI Fan Network

Just got an email from DCI...:

Hello DCI Fan Network Subscriber:

We hope you are as excited as we are about the upcoming start of the 2009 Drum Corps International Tour! After working hard throughout the winter, corps members are just weeks away from joining their respective corps for spring training rehearsals before hitting the road...on the journey to Indianapolis for the World Championships in August.

Just like the corps, Fan Network programmers have been busy during the off-season as well. We are very pleased to let you know that we will be launching a brand new Fan Network user interface on Wednesday, May 6. In anticipation of its debut, we have extended your current subscription to Wednesday, May 13. We hope you will use this extra week to check out the new site and the enhancements that we've made since last August. Among some of the new features, you'll see:

Improved video filtering and search function Streamlined browsing experience to access and switch between your favorite corps channels with ease BIGGER and better video quality

As you get ready to follow your favorite corps this summer on the Web, you'll have two subscription options:

1. The $39 Fan Network Subscription will give you access to Video on Demand of corps performances from select 2009 events, access to all current-year and historical video archives, discounts on audio and video downloads.
  2. The $59 Fan Network Plus Subscription will give you all of the great features of a regular subscription, PLUS access to all Live Webcasts of some of Drum Corps International's biggest events, and more!

Be on the lookout for a complete schedule of 2009 digital broadcasts following next week's launch!

That's $10 lower than last year for live webcasts, or maybe that's just the renewal rate-- they don't say. Anyway, sounds encouraging.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be buying the full subscription. (it's worth it, and I think it's $10 cheaper than last year?)

Well, since there's no shows nearby this year . . .I'll throw 59 bucks at DCI and see if this year still interests me, what with the new fangled electronical instrumentation.

Not a bad deal; way less than gas, food and tix considering I'd have to drive the next state over to hit a show live.

I'm excited about this "new interface" thing. It has a lot of room for improvement.

I wonder if they'll do the "drop the price in half" thing they did near the end of last season?