Longest marching member

There was a trumpet player who marched 2000 - 2007 with The Cavaliers (or did he age out in '06?) Not a bad few years.

A ring for each finger! Nice! :grouphug:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might have my dates wrong, but I'm pretty sure I know someone that marched 77-85 at Cadets.

Many Garfield Cadets marched 78-85 (a few of them marched in the Plebes before heading to the Cadets)...there is one guy who marched 77-84, either way, it's a long time on the field.

The guy who marched 77-84 (bari/euph player)performed with the 13th place corps in a 12 corps final(there was a tie) and attain two world championships during his marching career..pretty cool.

Marched 75-84 - would have been 10yrs+ if the corps didn't take a year off and then later go inactive. Back at a local show, our corps director announced that one of the 3 ageouts that year, Winnie...had marched 7 years. I felt sorry that she only got that many years in before she was too old! LOL. Warped vision of a young kid! I think many older corps have stories of many years in one corps. Our drum major Colleen Cahill marched over 10 years as well.

Thanks again to the Bordens for all the "Pride And Determination" they taught us at the LI Kingsmen!

Thanks for the compliment about my parents, Dwayne! They did have a pretty good effect on alot of young lives.

And, BTW, both Colleen Cahill, our drum major, and Ed Borden, my brother and a soprano, only marched 14 years. Slackers :blink: !

Contract?! As in legally binding document?! Sorry for this but was that out of the firm Rollim, Flipim and Bendim? When was this? Why was this? What was this ... insurance and for whom?

What, was there some kind of "no compete" clause? You shall not share our '5 to 3' restriction? The heel to toe forward march patent? You must only wear socks from this list of approved manufacturers? During the competition season there will be no teeter-totter, contact sports, slides over 6 feet and if you're a horn player, absolutely no kissing? I will not use my horn case to slide in the snow?

Whatever happened to "that was fun, I'll be back next season!"?

I knew we had turned into a litigious society after the "Oh that coffee is hot!" deal.

What was the corps protecting themselves from?

How the heck can a 12 year old harm an entire organization?

WTF?

Am I just dumb, old or over reacting?

Somebody, just stop me!

I marched for 8 years and the only thing (our Moderator Father Scheraldi) I ever promised was not to kiss the girls and make them cry.

Puppet

It's the term everyone uses for the membership agreements these days. Too many legal shows on TV, I guess.

The record for the Crossmen is Kim Robinson, daughter of corps founders Robbie and Charlotte Robinson. She marched 11 seasons of color guard 1975-1985, if I remember correctly. Second place goes to Becky Terry: 9 seasons of mello and drum major 1997-2005.

There's also Harvy (ironic surname) Olderman, an honor guard captain from the CT. Hurcs. Since DCA has no age out restriction I think he was in his 80's before he finally hung up his shoes.

There's also Harvy (ironic surname) Olderman, an honor guard captain from the CT. Hurcs. Since DCA has no age out restriction I think he was in his 80's before he finally hung up his shoes.

When we went to the Bridgeport show in 2007 they said they had a member in Hawthorne Cabs Alumni corps in the Honor Guard line that had been a member every year since the corps started in 1954 (at least that's what the announcer said) . I didn't include that in the DCI topic. If we include DCA. There are 4 members in CorpsVets that has marched every year in the corps from 1998 through now (going on their 12th year). Marvin Fontaine, Hunter Moss, Big Ken Huff, and RJ Scott.

It's tough to beat Jeff Kievit's stats: 14 consecutive seasons with the Hawthorne Muchachos. He started at age 7 when the corps was formed.

Jeff Lynn is the sop player mentioned earlier in connection with the Blue Devils. He did a similar stint albeit with the C, B and A Corps.

I think that Dave Borden gets the nod in this category, however. And he was a double threat in the LI Kingsmen, proficient in both percussion and brass.