Tme for an "educated" guess?

Of course I am right about this one. It's not like I haven't been watching drum corps since DCI started and can't possibly discern if someone is going to be better. I know the difference between wishful thinking and logical projection. Let's see, more experieneced director, more mature corps (110 or so rookies last year), far more interesting show and witnessing a musical performance days ago convinces me that yeah; they will be better. The whole package can been seen this week at their final spring training site. One more thing; the show is baked, ready to go with time to spare.

Been there, done that. And still, in the end, there were some corps that I were convinced were going to be better than the previous year...and were not. It happens.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been there, done that. And still, in the end, there were some corps that I were convinced were going to be better than the previous year...and were not. It happens.

Absolutely true!

All I hope is all corps go out and enjoy their products and entertain the #### out of us!

in the mean time though... been a while since I've seen a prediction like this...

1. BD

2. Cavies

3 Cadets

4 SCV

5 Phantom

6 Crown

7. Bloooo

8. Boston

9 BK

10. Glass

11. Blue Stars

12. Madison

"EAT EMMM UP BOSTON!"

01> Blue Devils

02> Cavaliers

03> Carolina Crown

04> Santa Clara Vanguard

05> Cadets

06> Phantom Regiment

07> Bluecoats

08> Madison Scouts

09> Blue Knights

10> Blue Stars

11> Boston Crusaders

12> Spirit

13> Glassmen

14> Crossmen

15> Colts

16> Troopers

17> Academy

Edited by gellio

As my friends in other parts of the country give me reports on the corps they've seen, I change my predictions. After Friday polls are closed.

1. Cadets- No props, No narration, No singing, No guys in bunny suits throwing eights. Just good o'l fashion Butt kicking drum corps! May take til mid July to master such a complex show.

2. Cavaliers- My buddy saw them at EIU. sent me clips. really good.

3. Devils- My friend ( who no longer post on DCP) says DB has great segments that don't tie together very we'll. It's June, they'll figure it out.

4. Crown- How good will they be? Can they maintain their guard and brass scores? Are they truly an elite corps?

5. Phantom- They'll have great drums and brass but, can their show capture lightning in a bottle like Spartacus did?

6. SCV- Every year I eagerly wait for the resurgence of the Vanguard. I write 6 but hope top 3. Feidler is going to take this corps to the top sometime soon.

7. Bluecoats- Maybe 4th place. They drum great, and they brass great. Can they guard and march great? I hope the Bluecoats don't get dumped on in August. The top 6 will be so hard to crack this year

8. Blue knights- I would love to see BK in the top 6. I love their style, I just wish they had more big Drum Corps moments built into their show. I hear they do!

9. Blue Stars- As good as last year. Hopefully a little more exciting. I hear they are.

10. Madison- I think 08 was the spark that starts the Madison flame and a climb up the ranks.

11. BAC- Because they always make finals. And they're good.

12. Glassmen- I've seen no reason to take them out of the top twelve.

13. Crossmen- I would love to see Crossmen make finals. They need to increase the difficulty in their show.

14. Spirit- Playing Kansas, Can it translate on the field?

15. Troopers- Troopes are going to push 12-15 I hear!

16. Colts- Their late start may hurt them. They need to tighten up their brass and drum scores.

17. Academy- As I said before, A show that matches the talent of the kids.

18. Jersey Surf- My friends says JS may surprise some people this summer

19. Pacific Crest- "El Corazon de la Gente: Alegria, Amor, y Fuerza" needs a cleaning staff

20. Mandarin- If Mandarin ever got a full corps. Watch out!

21. Pioneer- Last year Pio celebrated breaking 75.00. They will be better in 09.

22. Cascades . I think they will end up here

Really who knows

Edited by boxingfred

4. Crown- How good will they be? Can they maintain their guard and brass scores? Are they truly an elite corps?

havee you checked out the Elite status topic on DCP?

havee you checked out the Elite status topic on DCP?

Just read most of the post on that topic. I think once Crown establishes themselves in the top 6 over the years, they'll be considered Elite! Right now, they are kicking butt.

13. Crossmen- I would love to see Crossmen make finals. They need to increase the difficulty in their show.

I don't know who your reporter is, but I saw them last weekend and their drill is much more difficult than last year's.

01> Cadets - - - return to old school with their usual pool of great talent

02> Cavaliers - - - almost again

03> Carolina Crown - - - can't beat their horn line

04> Phantom Regiment - - - show will be great but a step back

05> Blue Devils - - - we will see... they really could be anywhere in the top 5

06> Bluecoats - - - this is higher then my gut tells me but go blue

07> Blue Stars - - - really capture the new DCI direction with Le Tour...can it continue???

08> Santa Clara Vanguard - - - I see a step back this year and I fear "8" might be to high

09> Blue Knights - - - solid show and great excecution just boring to me

10> Madison Scouts - - - POW! Much larger guard. trumpets will suprise you

11> Boston Crusaders - - - new unis are great but watch out for a continual fall

12> Crossmen - - - nice to see the capes return....that just might carry you back to the top 12

13> Colts

14> Glassmen

15> Academy

16> Spirit

17> Troopers

Ugh....this year seems WAY too hard to tell. Everyone just looks and sounds amazing already.

My predictions....

1) There will be a tie for first

2) Santa Clara is going to be on FIRE!

3) Crown is moving down (which saddens me)

4) Cavaliers are moving down

5) All four Blue corps have a shot at top 6 (yup!)

6) Relampago is going to be one of my favorite shows ever!

7) Pioneer makes semis

8) DCP is going to distract me from work a lot this summer!

Posted my predictions in another thread, so I'm moving them here.

Wow, I know some people think Crown is going to fall a few places, but you have them all the way out of the top 12?

Woops. Major error. I'm doing 25 pushups right now.

1. SCV

1. Crown

3. HN Cadets

4. PR

5. Cavs

6. BD

7. Bloo

8. Glassmen

9. BS

10. BAC

11. BK

12. Xmen