Brass Amplification

Most of the focus has been on electronincs, keyboards, synths etc.

Does anyone know if a corps plans to mic a brass solo/ensemble?

This is something I'm more concerned about. I have never liked amplified brass, at least what I've heard to date. I've heard it used in several situations, inslucing Blast, and have not been impressed. I hope this is something more akin to amplified voice that few will venture to use.

Discuss

Edited by shawn craig

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya may wanna edit the thread header...it says crops. and i dont know of any corps miccing their corn or other assorted veggies :thumbup:

Most of the focus has been on electronincs, keybards, synths etc.

Does anyone know if a corps plans to mic a brass solo/ensemble?

This is something I'm more concerned about. I have never liked amplified brass, at least what I've heard to date. I've heard it used in several situations, inslucing Blast, and have not been impressed. I hope this is something more akin to amplified voice that few will venture to use.

Discuss

Nevermind...

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

Fixed. :thumbup:

Thanks Bawker.

ya may wanna edit the thread header...it says crops. and i dont know of any corps miccing their corn or other assorted veggies :thumbup:

Actually the OP might want to insluce a quick visit to the spell check button the next time he's on the ole' electroninc keybard. :thumbup:

Actually the OP might want to insluce a quick visit to the spell check button the next time he's on the ole' electroninc keybard. :thumbup:

It is Monday everyone...its okay :thumbup:

maybe he was warning us about the dangers of hitting the wrong key :thumbup:

I frankly don't know why anyone would want to mic a brass soloist, it just doesn't make any sense to me. Not to start this whole discussion again, but if woodwinds were part of drum corps, then it would make sense. But brass players? Nope.