New Boston Uniforms

I can't help but think the white stripes will vibrate from up top, as it alternates white and red.

I prefer the previous two iterations, myself, but I'll give them credit for looking very much like the Crusaders.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly what was bugging me about the picture, and I couldn't quite place it until I read your post. It seems to have been intended to begin from where the sash ends, but it's so different from the sash that there's an obvious disconnect there, making it seem out of place. Maybe if there were just one, or if there were two that were kept skinnier? Right now it just seems a little big and especially with it being white it ends up drawing all your attention. The effect gets worse the further back you look, I think. I can't help but think these uniforms would be more effective without 'em altogether.

As far as the rest of the uniform looks though, I love it! I was a big fan when they added silver a few years back, but this is an even sharper look. I can't wait to see it with horns up.

I attended last nights run threw. New uniforms look great the white makes everything pop out, fills the the field with a bigger Boston presents and color. I would think that the sash could be moved to the side a little. Other than that. With the new look and the corp retaining/adding members from 08 has Boston maturing nicely going into 09. The staff did a great job this year with over all design, look and sound which should be enjoyed by all.

That's exactly what was bugging me about the picture, and I couldn't quite place it until I read your post. It seems to have been intended to begin from where the sash ends, but it's so different from the sash that there's an obvious disconnect there, making it seem out of place. Maybe if there were just one, or if there were two that were kept skinnier? Right now it just seems a little big and especially with it being white it ends up drawing all your attention. The effect gets worse the further back you look, I think. I can't help but think these uniforms would be more effective without 'em altogether.

As far as the rest of the uniform looks though, I love it! I was a big fan when they added silver a few years back, but this is an even sharper look. I can't wait to see it with horns up.

i do what i can.

one of them would be fine, two is too much (even though it looks like it would swing and hit ya the wrong way, if ya know what i mean).

Anyone see the new Boston Uni's yet? I caught them on a video from flag day.

BAC.gif

I like the updates. Kind of miss the old gauntlets, but they wouldn't have matched with the white.

I like what Boston did with their new uniforms. They balanced well their tradition in this Uni with something new and fresh it seems to me.

The colors of Red with White , particularly on top with the military style look, remind me just a little bit of the Red and White colors of " The Commandant's Own " ( United States Marine Corps Drum and Bugle Corps ).

Edited by BRASSO

now that I look at it more I agree with some previous posts, that sash could be shifted to the side. At carry it looks like a third gauntlet almost.

Wait...is that a white sash, or the silver ones from previous years? I sincerely hope they're white, but they look so shiny in that picture....

The corps wore two, much larger drops from 1964 to 1988. The corps wanted to honor its roots but with a somewhat updated version. And most importantly, the members LOVE them,

Wait...is that a white sash, or the silver ones from previous years? I sincerely hope they're white, but they look so shiny in that picture....

White sash. What I can't tell is its still a mirror or a buckle on the sash. I'll have to go back to the video and check.

LOVE the new uniform!!! :sad: