Anna's-nap-less Night- DCI Annapolis 6/20

A typical show for this time of year. Everyone has lots of cleaning to do.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you drink the Steve Jobs Apple Flavored Koolade, you never go back to the Virus Mixer known as Windows. I drank the drank about 3 years ago and never looked back

I've never gotten a single virus on Windows. Ever. You just have to be smart enough to realize that you will not get an iPod if you punch the monkey. Macs are for people who like to punch the monkey.

Edited by MagicBobert

The fact that you guys think you can judge drums FROM THE FREAKING WEBCAST hurts my head.

If everyone sounded dirty due to the webcast then that would be one thing. But there were lots of clean notes coming through, and I heard MUCH less dirt from Crown than I did from Cadets, and overall I thought Crown's book was harder with harder drill. With that said, ya it's never the same in person, so I definitely know what you mean.

Tonite the Cadets basically stood and played their last minute of the show. Crown had their drill in for tonite. If Crown couldn't beat the Cadets with the Cadets essentially standing still at the end, it's hard to see the judges putting the Cadets back of Crown once the Cadets put their final drill in.

But HNC stood still REALLY clean.

If everyone sounded dirty due to the webcast then that would be one thing. But there were lots of clean notes coming through, and I heard MUCH less dirt from Crown than I did from Cadets, and overall I thought Crown's book was harder with harder drill. With that said, ya it's never the same in person, so I definitely know what you mean.

Clean notes is one thing, demand is another, esp at this point of the year. Next time you see cadets, check out all the up beat entrances in the pit, split rhythms all over the place, pretty tough stuff

Scores and execution aside, I am very disappointed in the design of Crown's show this year. They have been the design rolemodel, IMHO, since 2003 but this year is just a lot of "what was that supposed to be?" I hope I like it better live and/or they do a lot to improve the flow, but it just felt too disjointed and the theme didn't come across at all (except for everything being green in color). I hate to say it, as I have followed and admired Crown since 1993, but it looks like my dreams of them winning finals this year have been shattered by a poorly designed show (their first bad design IMHO since 2002). And where is all that "much more difficult drill" that had been promised? - Too much standing around - this is even the first year their guard doesn't have anything new to offer. Please Crown staff, fix it, these kids are too good.

While I'm definitely not going to claim this show made the best use of synthesizers ever and perhaps the levels were a little off... I could hear the drums decently. Then again, I'm listening on my 5 speaker stereo system cranked up to annoy my neighbors. Maybe try better speakers.

I wasn't as impressed with my 7.1 Harmon Kardon surrond system and Bose speakers....

Clean notes is one thing, demand is another, esp at this point of the year. Next time you see cadets, check out all the up beat entrances in the pit, split rhythms all over the place, pretty tough stuff

steve... don't forget to recognize that BozzlyB has the "fastest flam drags in the coulee region........word"

he can obviously hear demand on a live internet broadcast of the 2nd show of the season.