thats what sunscreen is for... and fellow corps members to help with the hard to reach places.

(I'm sure this post is going to get removed, but ....)

The problem with sunscreen on one certain vital area is that the more you use, the more you need ....

Edited by Liam

I'm curious.

One of the arguments I've heard regarding synths is that since we are an art form, there's no reason to keep things out of drum corps if they want to use them.

So what about allowing nudity?

Technically people pay money to see performances and DCI is their own private organization, so I'm not sure it would be against the law.

Obviously there would people against it, and people who wouldn't mind it. Only the corps that wanted to use it would use it, maybe 1 or 2 a season.

Also, we would need a rule to only allow 18+ aged members, or possibly create a system where parents give permission for their minor to be involved in drum corps. All this would be worth it in the end, allowing corps to express themselves to the fullest. It may alienate younger fans, but DCI has alienated people in the past so I don't see anything wrong with it.

If it is technically against the law since most of the competitions are outdoors, lets assume that it is allowed as a design similar to how nude sculptures are commonly allowed in public viewing. (perhaps on a flag or something?)

(this isn't necessarily an argument for/against ww's, electronics, etc. I'm really just curious what people would think, especially those so willing to allow new things in DCI.)

ahhhhhh, GE visual

... just wanted to post in this thread.

ha....

On a more serious note, does the OP have any pictures to support this idea?

There are just some sections of a corps that I just really wouldn't want to see nude. Why does an image of a plumber under my sink come to mind here, and make me throw up a little?

:tongue:

Nothing like a little plumber's crack to boost that visual effect score. :worthy:

This is very similar to the "if we let two gay dudes get married why not let two dogs get married too?" idea.

There's a line in the sand. Hopefully society will see it.

Cheers, :tongue:

Sean

:worthy:

If we lived in a reality where such a notion would be even remotely acceptable, I'd nominate the Phantom Regiment colorguard the first test case any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

And I'd nominate Madison & The Cavaliers.

Sean

This is very similar to the "if we let two gay dudes get married why not let two dogs get married too?" idea.

There's a line in the sand. Hopefully society will see it.

Sean

I'm cool with a guy marrying a dog, or two dogs marrying each other. Fine by me.

Anyway, nudity should be allowed, I don't see what the problem would be. We all have that stuff, why are Americans so ashamed of their bodies?

I suppose I just care about the corps ability to express themselves more than you do. That's okay, I feel sorry for you.

I cannot think of one show I've seen/heard/heard of or anything else that would be benefited by the addition of nudity...MAYBE Cavaliers and their Tron Guard outfits for no other reason other than to remove those get ups. :worthy:

Sean

...(it's really hard to take myself seriously in this thread... :worthy: )