IMO Allowing minors to watch the shows greatly outweighs allowing corps being able to 'show em what their mother's gave em'

I suppose I just care about the corps ability to express themselves more than you do. That's okay, I feel sorry for you.

...(it's really hard to take myself seriously in this thread... :tongue: )

Haha..... nudity, indeed you do care more.

Edited by bluublood

:tongue: This is a silly topic...

Yes, but there is no legality issue preventing the purists from going to the show.

True. But while purists probably will never go to another show again, younger audience members have the luxury of just waiting 5 years or so until they are old enough to watch a drum corps show.

Perhaps we could allow some sort of legal check-in station where parents will be able to check-in their minors into the competition. I'm pretty sure it is legal to drink underage if your parent(s) are present and give permission. (I could be wrong, I'm not an expert on the law here)

Besides, putting an age requirement on alcohol or cigarettes never stops teens from getting a hold of it. I'm sure drum corps will find a way into the hearts of younger fans.

True. But while purists probably will never go to another show again, younger audience members have the luxury of just waiting 5 years or so until they are old enough to watch a drum corps show.

Perhaps we could allow some sort of legal check-in station where parents will be able to check-in their minors into the competition. I'm pretty sure it is legal to drink underage if your parent(s) are present and give permission. (I could be wrong, I'm not an expert on the law here)

Besides, putting an age requirement on alcohol or cigarettes never stops teens from getting a hold of it. I'm sure drum corps will find a way into the hearts of younger fans.

And like you feel sorry for me, I will feel sorry for the purists.

The check-in would be a good idea.

Nonetheless, underage drinking and smoking is illegal.

Tan Lines f t w.

Solved easily by rehearsing in the nude.

What's more detrimental, in their mind at least, to a real conservative parent?

Seeing a bunch of girls and boys running around nude?

OR

Seeing a bunch of guys in neon-colored spandex running around?

:tongue:

One more positive outcome of allowing this rule.

Who wants skin cancer on only a few sections of your body anyway?

thats what sunscreen is for... and fellow corps members to help with the hard to reach places.