When will Crown pass the Cadets?

Geez. I would like to hear what they're doing.

Practicing their ASSETS off!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Practicing their ASSETS off!

From the standstill I heard, it looks like those Jupiter horns for Regiment will work out just fine ...

They'll pass them in 2011 or so. Maybe.

They'll pass them in 2011 or so. Maybe.

I think it will be sooner then that my friend! Much sooner!

They won in 2005 with a show that nobody would consider to be "old school" and they almost won in 2007 with a show that was even less old school.

I would argue that 2007 was sortof "old school;" the music was very much in the vein of 2000 and the drill was right out of 1998. It was like one of those older shows, just with one new thing (the narration) layered on top of it.

actually, if done right, the Z pull will be a wonderful GE moment on both sheets. Remember, judges are fans too, and if something is done well, they will reward it. Throwing it for the sake of throwing it in...not so much. But I remember hearing a GE vis tape in 2000 and the judge loving it because not only was it classic Cadets, but it worked so well with what was going on in the show.

There wasn't a Z-Pull in the 2000 show as far as I remember!?!?

Well both corps have great brasslines, great guards, great percussion sections, great visual package and a great musical package. They are even in a lot of respects. It will come down to whom is the cleanest. However, I think Crown's show is slightly more entertaining. I really don't like Cadets from a musical standpoint (even though I think it's a strong book). I think they could very well be the top two corps at the end of the season. Crown is for real, even though people still seem unable to believe it.

Although spread have been shrinking, keep in mind that we haven't yet had a show with a full judging panel. Things could change drastically once the remaining captions are added back in, in either direction.

That's a great point. IT's so stupid that DCI doesn't have full panels in the beginning of the season. How can they even accurately judge these corps without them. Personally, I feel Crown has the better overall package (slightly). It will be an interesting battle and will probably remain close all season.