When will Crown pass the Cadets?

:tongue: I just don't get all the hype on Crown this year. Last years show was cohesive and exciting, contained well-known audience thrilling pieces and straightforward in your face design.

This year: Rolling on the ground, dancy/floppy mime/whatever it is, and drill design that heakens back to in.trance.it. The guard is top notch, no doubt, and the hornline good, but they will not get the GE points to ultimately pass the cadets.

The Cadets show is far from perfect, has a lot of moments that leave you wanting more, but we all know that they will change the design umpteen times between now and finals. They always do, and it keeps their scores depressed during rewrites, but then they end the year strong.

Perhaps Crown will beat the Cadets at a few competitions but I really don't believe they'll finish higher than 6th with this show.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spoken like a true smart ###. :tongue:

i hope they don't pass them...and i'm done keeping my silence. I hate Crown.that is all.

Geez dude, don't you think that's a little harsh?

Edited by 2000Cadet

crown might pull ahead a little mid season but cadets will pull it out in the end... I think cadets have just as much to worry about with Bluecoats than they do with crown.

Bluecoats need a performance under their belt first.

Can't wait to hear about them tonight and see them tomorrow in Glendale!

I think the important thing to think about is... crown and cadets are punching it out! :smile: I love that! Its been crazy watching Crowns meteoric rise. That being said... I do not understand how people see that crowns show makes more sense in the GE area. I know its called "The Grass is Always Greener...", but aside from the guard costumes being green and the grass on the corps proper, I am not getting it. They sound awesome! I even like the dance stuff! The guard costumes seem to be a spectrum of past years shows, but I dont remember a lot of them I guess. As for the HNC, there book is a bit muddled at points, but the theme can clearly be seen. BTW, I am surprised that no one has talked about the portion of the show where the corps is split into two ensembles. It reminds of the Les Mis show from the 80's which was groundbreaking. Anywho, Crown is still amazing and I cant wait to see how the theme comes out in the end. Adam Sage LOVES to add stuff all year! Besides, I truly believe we are all winners... :smile:

I think the important thing to think about is... crown and cadets are punching it out! :smile: I love that! Its been crazy watching Crowns meteoric rise. That being said... I do not understand how people see that crowns show makes more sense in the GE area. I know its called "The Grass is Always Greener...", but aside from the guard costumes being green and the grass on the corps proper, I am not getting it. They sound awesome! I even like the dance stuff! The guard costumes seem to be a spectrum of past years shows, but I dont remember a lot of them I guess. As for the HNC, there book is a bit muddled at points, but the theme can clearly be seen. BTW, I am surprised that no one has talked about the portion of the show where the corps is split into two ensembles. It reminds of the Les Mis show from the 80's which was groundbreaking. Anywho, Crown is still amazing and I cant wait to see how the theme comes out in the end. Adam Sage LOVES to add stuff all year! Besides, I truly believe we are all winners... :smile:

You don't get it? Really?

It's the old..."Start out in once place, get carried somewhere else.....start thinking about home (Somewhere/Over the Rainbow)....There's no place like home....and you end up morphing back into the place where you began..(The Promise of Living)" story.

C'mon :-P haha I guess there might be more to it, but I haven't read the synopsis yet. That's just what I get from the show title, music titles, and the way the music is arranged throughout the show.

The guard costumes seem to be a spectrum of past years shows, but I dont remember a lot of them I guess.

Guard costumes are all fairy tale characters: girls: tinkerbell, briar rose, princesses, gypsies, little green riding hood, guys: peter pan, princes, knights, jack (of beanstalk fame), etc... I can't say I've been given a full explanation but the show revolves around a storm throwing ordinary folks into a fairy tale land where things look so much better only turns out they're not....

I was very dubious about the whole green thing when i first saw it but at a distance it is extremely effective in creating an surreal emerald-city kind of feel to the show.

Guard costumes are all fairy tale characters: girls: tinkerbell, briar rose, princesses, gypsies, little green riding hood, guys: peter pan, princes, knights, jack (of beanstalk fame), etc... I can't say I've been given a full explanation but the show revolves around a storm throwing ordinary folks into a fairy tale land where things look so much better only turns out they're not....

:smile:

wow, i thought i got the main idea but i did not get that.

I was very dubious about the whole green thing when i first saw it but at a distance it is extremely effective in creating an surreal emerald-city kind of feel to the show.

So it's essentially Cadets 2005, WITHOUT the door? (or Cadets 08 without the talking) :)