When will Crown pass the Cadets?

Ummm....that's not the caption I would have chosen to make this point. Cadets have beaten Crown 4 times in the past 2 year head-to-head in guard.

And while the Z-pull is surely coming and will excite the heck out of the crowd, I don't think it will have the same effect on the judges.

As the season wears on I think depth of design is going to be a gigantic factor in how these 2 great corps are scored. Everyone is glad to see Cadets pull back from the show designs of the past few years. But did they over-correct and go a little too much old school? We'll see.

actually, if done right, the Z pull will be a wonderful GE moment on both sheets. Remember, judges are fans too, and if something is done well, they will reward it. Throwing it for the sake of throwing it in...not so much. But I remember hearing a GE vis tape in 2000 and the judge loving it because not only was it classic Cadets, but it worked so well with what was going on in the show.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the "Z Pull" some great saviour or something?

ok...who knows...how many titles do they have with it in the show? and how many times did they do it and not win?

I will tell you this crowns brass seems to have it and it will only get better.

I will tell you this crowns brass seems to have it and it will only get better.

And all Cadets will need to do is clean their brass line and they'll be sure to pull way ahead.

Thanks for the explanation on the costumes! The male one with the crown on it is almost a direct quote of the chess show. It threw me off! lol And I understand the somewhere over the rainbow part, its sensemaya that throws me off. And I dont understand how the fairy tale costumes fit, can you help me? Im usually good at this stuff, I promise! thanks for the insight!

I think, hope and pray that these two beasts from the east stay neck and neck all season long!

It did take us (Crown) quite a while to top the Cadets last season, and I can see it happening again this season. I do not see the Cadets jumping so far ahead that they are out of reach for Crown.

People keep saying, "Oh, it's the Cadets, they'll clean up their horn book, AND HOW!" But where was that Cadet line last year? I remember hearing some of their rehearsals, and they were not clean at ALL. This was August mind you. Gino is one BA of a Horn Caption head, but if they keep to their tricks from last year, I see them petering out. (I hope it doesn't happen, I like competition!)

I think, hope and pray that these two beasts from the east stay neck and neck all season long!

It did take us (Crown) quite a while to top the Cadets last season, and I can see it happening again this season. I do not see the Cadets jumping so far ahead that they are out of reach for Crown.

People keep saying, "Oh, it's the Cadets, they'll clean up their horn book, AND HOW!" But where was that Cadet line last year? I remember hearing some of their rehearsals, and they were not clean at ALL. This was August mind you. Gino is one BA of a Horn Caption head, but if they keep to their tricks from last year, I see them petering out. (I hope it doesn't happen, I like competition!)

they also had a sack of poo for a show last year, this year they don't.

just like people keep saying crowns going to beat Cadets. HOW? I see Crown doing what Bluecoats a couple of years ago.

just like people keep saying crowns going to beat Cadets. HOW? I see Crown doing what Bluecoats a couple of years ago.

Yeah the exception was Coats came out sounding like a sack again, and Crown obviously has a corps that is scoring better than its previous seasons. So, that prediction is baseless.