Double Standard

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. I will never go to a DCI event in the south or southern east coast ever again. Just miserable.

Yeah I was driving the rig for Esperanza in '05. We went to a couple shows in Louisiana and had a free day in New Orleans (2 months before Katrina. Sad that the city is still a mess, best free day ever.) The heat and humidity those kids had to endure was absolutely brutal. I'll take the dry 125 degree heat in Death Valley over the 95 degree heat with 98% humidity any day. Felt like I was trying to breathe deep in a sauna.

4. Ohh... us West Coasters are just sooo spoiled! We have to pay WAY more to travel, WAY more for living expenses, WAY more for time (traveling takes forever sometimes)...

:)

Geeez...... and WHY do you live out west ? Just curious... Guess we all have problems

in the regions we live in.... congrats on yours... I suppose until the west can get more

local-turned regional-turned national touring corps, then I guess going over a few

mountain chains is about your only option. And this is being said without any sarcasm..!!

Have no problems with western corps, or traveling west... To be honest, my favorite

DCI Finals viewing venue is Camp Randal....... but what can I say.. Im a cheesehead..!

Geeez...... and WHY do you live out west ? Just curious... Guess we all have problems

in the regions we live in.... congrats on yours... I suppose until the west can get more

local-turned regional-turned national touring corps, then I guess going over a few

mountain chains is about your only option. And this is being said without any sarcasm..!!

Have no problems with western corps, or traveling west... To be honest, my favorite

DCI Finals viewing venue is Camp Randal....... but what can I say.. Im a cheesehead..!

Woah, calm down there. What surprises me is that you are quoting me on my gripes about this whole thread. This thread, to begin with, is absurd to which the OP clearly has a problem with us. Like you said, "Guess we all have problems in the regions we live in" but why target me?

Anyway, apparently it's hard to see sarcasm through text but whatever. No need to get all hostile.

And I live in the West because I was born and raised here. My family is all here and home is where the heart is. (hated that movie cuz I was too young to understand).

Edited by NeutralNovice

Woah, calm down there.

Anyway, apparently it's hard to see sarcasm through text but whatever. No need to get all hostile.

And I live in the West because I was born and raised here. My family is all here and home is where the heart is. (hated that movie cuz I was too young to understand).

WHooooo... hang on here.... pull the reigns back.... whoooo nellly...

No.. no sarcasm here... seriously....

Im just stating that after the 82 season, the midwest went thru a loss of corps, and then

had to rebuild by getting smaller corps established .... which some turned into national

touring.... Im just stating that the west.... (Colorado to the Pacific Ocean)

needs and hopefully, will get some more activity started up.. and then corps will feel like

they HAVE to go west to meet up with all these new western corps...

Thats what I hope would happen.....

Im for drum corps in ALL regions !!!

peace......please

WHooooo... hang on here.... pull the reigns back.... whoooo nellly...

No.. no sarcasm here... seriously....

Im just stating that after the 82 season, the midwest went thru a loss of corps, and then

had to rebuild by getting smaller corps established .... which some turned into national

touring.... Im just stating that the west.... (Colorado to the Pacific Ocean)

needs and hopefully, will get some more activity started up.. and then corps will feel like

they HAVE to go west to meet up with all these new western corps...

Thats what I hope would happen.....

Im for drum corps in ALL regions !!!

peace......please

aaaaaaalllllrighty. Im done.

Wow guys, the answer is simple. Regionals have full panels. DCI West was a regional. Normal was not.

Therefore, but the Duh's Law:

DCI West -> Full panel

Normal -> Not a full panel

</thread>

The panel for the Stockton show

Brass Performance Mark Petrash

Guard Curtis Costanza

Music Ensemble John Bell

Ensemble Visual Dan Smith

Music Effect Jay Webb

Percussion Dan Bryan

Visual Effect Scott Pizani

Visual Performance Ed Warren

Is Stockton a regional for DCI too?

The only answer when talking about the west coast is that it's a conspiracy.

that was the dumbest comment I have ever heard.

Guard Curtis Costanza

Music Ensemble John Bell

Music Effect Jay Webb

Percussion Dan Bryan

if stockton was, then normal shouldve been. honestly, i think we should just ditch the whole partial panel thing. they talk about saving money, and then all go out and buy brand new synths. good job.

Guard Curtis Costanza

Music Ensemble John Bell

Music Effect Jay Webb

Percussion Dan Bryan

If that's right, then DCI has some explaining to do.

I'm not sure that you could go so far as to say that the west coast gets special treatment because of this, though. If we're going to talk about a grand special treatment scale, then it was 99% towards everywhere except the west coast before this judging...um...conspiracy. Now that the...um....conspiracy is out, I'd say now it's only 98% towards everywhere except the west coast.