Madison Contest Tonight Question

Who needs an ampped base?

Scouts sure seemed to think they did. And it made their brass sound AWFUL imo.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't question those numbers. Blue Stars over Phantom in GEV = Very telling.

I can also guarantee that when the brass judge shows up, Spirit is going to start floundering because their horns don't play as much as the other two corps around them do. Colts and Scouts play for the whole show. Spirit doesn't.

Recap's Up

Check it out!

I won! I bet my friend before the show that Lee Carlson would have Blue Stars above PR in GE Viz regardless! He is so predictable and did his best to keep Phantom from the trophy last season. Thank goodness he couldn't give higher than a 20 at finals... :thumbup:

Poor Lee, so predictable and biased, but at least that's good news for Blue Stars! Congrats!

I can also guarantee that when the brass judge shows up, Spirit is going to start floundering because their horns don't play as much as the other two corps around them do. Colts and Scouts play for the whole show. Spirit doesn't.

I don't know man, Spirit got 3rd in every Music category except Ensemble Tech. Of course that's from the box and not down on the field. Should be a very interesting week when the judges hit the field and everything gets broken down.

Welcome to drum corps.. Listen to Cavies much? The top corps have always used this to their benefit when needed and every top 6 corps in the last several years has been guilty of this at some point.

It's not how much you play, but the quality of what is coming out. I haven't heard any of the 3 corps live, but am sure the field brass guy will have up whoever plays the best and he won't be counting notes, I'm certain.

Personally, I agree with you, but its just not how the activity works these days. It's too bad really, but to be successful, you have to play the game and it looks like Spirit is beginning to do that well.

Not sure how much of an effect playing time actually has on the brass score. I haven't taken a look at the sheets in a few years but I'm pretty sure I don't remember seeing it on there.

What is an "ampped base"?.......Oh, you mean an "amped bass"? I see.

"All on all"?.......Oh, you mean "all

Hater needs an interpreter.

HATER?

What kind of crap talk is that?

HATER?

You're lucky your not sitting near me right now!

My phone spell checks as I go along, so some words come out strange.

Picking on my grammer- that's hate!!

HATE coming from a very, very simple mind.

Grow up!

Get out here with the corps and support them rather than hiding behind your computer and mouthing off.

Do so e good in the drum Corp world.