Madison Contest Tonight Question

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS: Blue Stars only 3.2 behind PR. Shhhhhhh......

Yep. That's only 6 tenths in all 5 captions tonight.. Oh wait...

Seriously, it's looking like a strong season for Blue Stars, but don't expect the defending champs to go down so easily. If you want to talk about work ethic, look at one of the perennial corps who consistently turns it on the last 2 weeks every year, PR. Very few corps out work them once you hit the last week of July. (Cadets would be the other one IMO)

All Phantom has to do is to get the show to work the way they have had it planned out along and get the kinks ironed out. Smart corps work that way. You don't win the Championship in June or July. I don't think they are too concerned about being a point or 2 behind the rest of the top 3 right now. They usually are this time each year.

Just ask Cavies or BD.. :thumbup:

Edited by trumpetcam

Does anyone know, officially, what happened with the Kilties? Were they in exhibition? Were they scored but the score wasn't announced? Did DCI just forget to post the score?

Controversy, sure, but people are really starting to spew venom at these kids.

I mean, when these kids come home they will be reading these comments.

Have half a heart.

Sorry, I missed the part where those kids were forced to march where they did, kicking and screaming all the way.

Oh wait, they pay bucks to further this type of show. :thumbup:

Not any more obvious than a corps playing a classical piece using a cello. :worthy:

:thumbup::tongue::tongue::worthy::worthy:

Does anyone know, officially, what happened with the Kilties? Were they in exhibition? Were they scored but the score wasn't announced? Did DCI just forget to post the score?

Exhibition only.

They actually had two shows tonight.

They did Drums On and then went and did a Marching Band Contest.

Sorry, I missed the part where those kids were forced to march where they did, kicking and screaming all the way.

Oh wait, they pay bucks to further this type of show. :thumbup:

No, they pay bucks to march with a corps they love, like most of us did. I am sure none of us ever marched a show where everyone loved every tune and every drill move we did. It's about the experience and I would hope the kids could give a crap less about a bunch of guys online who complain about their show. My guess is these kids are in better shape than most of us, play better than most of us do at this point and are doing what we all wish we could still do, march corps.

I doubt any of you would have left Scouts or Devils or SCV if they had decided to do something that fans would find controversial. And, if that would have been your reason for leaving, then you probably weren't in it for the right reasons to begin with.

They love their corps and if we don't, oh well. I personally hope they make finals and beat out several "traditional" shows. It would say that they were able to overcome fan bias and beat all the odds all of us "designers" have put on them.

Maybe, finally that dreaded 12th place tie will happen this year?