When will Cadets catch Crown?

I wish DCP would update the caption scores, because those used to be the best to compare progress.

Anyway, I'll wait to see the shows myself this week, but I hope it doesn't turn into the "Judges clearly have a favorite and will find a reason to make scores happen" that happened at a couple shows with various corps.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two very good corps. Two very different shows. It's up to the judges. Back on the road tomorrow! Two weeks of drum corps!

That said, if history is any indicator, the Cadets know how to clean. They know how to surge late season.

Usually I’d agree with that but they never got clean last year, at least not Cadet’s clean. I wonder if the past few years have taken a toll on the talent in the corps. If so, and the show is that difficult (I have not seen them yet) they could peter out and slide down the stretch.

Usually I’d agree with that but they never got clean last year, at least not Cadet’s clean. I wonder if the past few years have taken a toll on the talent in the corps. If so, and the show is that difficult (I have not seen them yet) they could peter out and slide down the stretch.

Last year they kept changing big chunks of the show almost until the last week. That seems less likely to happen this year, so perhaps they will be back to their more familiar August hyper-clean selves.

I'm going to say (re: "hope") that Holy Name caps the 1.3 point difference from last night and chips away at it over the next few weeks. I feel Crown's momentum right now is the stuff of story books. Those kids must be living the dream right now, and I can only imagine that their first waking thought every morning is to keep that dream going.

This could also lead to arrogance in some of their minds where they dont try as much cause they r already on top

Which motivates more? Who knows. Looking at a purely competitive, "what medal are we getting in Indy" standpoint, both corps have a lot "at stake". HNC's 75th anniversary. Crown's first legitimate shot at a title.

also crown's 20th year, might help too :worthy:

That said, if history is any indicator, the Cadets know how to clean. They know how to surge late season. They have the vehicle to get them there, it just needs a few dings knocked out of it and a couple coats of wax.

im pretty sure everyone has a vehichle to get them there :worthy:

Soooo.......I retract my previous "trading all the way to texas." It might be, may be, could very well be....that HNC will not catch Crown at all !!

I don't know about that; corps tend to sandwich at the top towards late in the season. I expect the margin to get closer in August when the groups start firing on all cylinders. Personally, I'm hoping for a multi-corps dogfight for the championship, and right about now, it looks like Crown might be in the thick of it.

Soooo.......I retract my previous "trading all the way to texas." It might be, may be, could very well be....that HNC will not catch Crown at all !!

Who knows, it's still only July 2nd!!! Lots of game left! (I hope they don't-bias) ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!

GOOO CROWN!!!!!! 83.2! Keep it up!

next time they meet

Wrong!!!

I said it before and I'll say it again. I don't think they will but if they do it will not be till August.