Great Surprise & Disappointment

You, calling out a homer? Now that's laughable. Seems like you're the one with the anger issue. It's BAND! Lighten up. :unsure:

Plan9 will not be afraid to admit he's a BD homer... but the person he quoted would never admit he hates BD :whistle:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff. If they wanted to have some fun with it, they could have the first image be a guy in a pink toga staring off in the distance wistfully, dreaming of wearing something, anything else, when all of a sudden, a cyclone whips him the hell out of wherever he is...

During ensuing sequences, he could be seen wearing a Spin Cycle uni, a fairy princess hat, a bunny suit, big black wings, and finally a Mexican wrestler outfit, before finally being blown back home to his pink toga, knowing that regardless of where you go, some guard designer is gonna make you wear something a little odd....

:whistle:

Biggest disappiontment? I was at the San Antonio show but I'm not too sure where the judges were. I won't get into the argument about the top 12 corps but --- there is no way on God's green earth that Pacific Crest and the Mandarins were better than Pioneer in that show.. WHAT A RIPOFF. I think that the show Pioneer put on was very, very close to Spirit and I'm being generous to Spirit and their orchestra.

Some people will say that Pioneer is too traditional, I say so what. Their drill was clean and the music was pretty good as well. What do they have to do to get a score? Walk on water?

The biggest disappointment are the fanboys who frack about BD's show complaining about the chairs, sitting down, design, music, etc. All you can call out are personal taste issues. "I think that", "I think this" blah blah. AND most of you are basing judgements off a computer screen.

I'm sorry your favorite corps is in 2nd, 3rd, 4th or whatever but BD is really good at selling their show RIGHT NOW. Who knows what will happen in August... but it's July and BD is maxing out the potential of what the design team created for them. Every corps aiming for the title will have to earn it.

Have your thoughts on what you liked and disliked about the shows but don't say certain corps don't belong where they're at right now. You're not the one with a green shirt.

The biggest disappointment are the fanboys who frack about BD's show complaining about the chairs, sitting down, design, music, etc. All you can call out are personal taste issues. "I think that", "I think this" blah blah. AND most of you are basing judgements off a computer screen.

I'm sorry your favorite corps is in 2nd, 3rd, 4th or whatever but BD is really good at selling their show RIGHT NOW. Who knows what will happen in August... but it's July and BD is maxing out the potential of what the design team created for them. Every corps aiming for the title will have to earn it.

Have your thoughts on what you liked and disliked about the shows but don't say certain corps don't belong where they're at right now. You're not the one with a green shirt.

Maybe if they build their own "door" they'll come out of it as a judge...its worked before... :whistle:

I have to ask this. Is there really anyone on this board that thinks someone other than BD is going to win DCI? Come on, do the math, hosed in 06, 2 early SCV defeats, 1 Bluecoat defeat, and two early August defeats to Cadets in '07 to make it interesting and to get people to come to California but still a championship. Hosed in '08, and so the second "kiss and make up tp BD for getting hosed the previous year " tour continues.

Now, all that said, is there still anyone, anyone that believes there is a corps with an outside chance of taking out BD? I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for you.

Am I jaded or what? :unsure:

Honestly? No, I do not believe there are many on this board that believe there is a corps with an outside chance of taking out BD as you so eloquently put it.

And it's not even because everybody knows the judges feel indebted to BD because *gasp* I guess one of the judges didn't GET THE MEMO last year that said BD was supposed to win and "accidentally" scored Phantom Regiment a tenth of a point higher so now they feel indebted to them??... :whistle: The reason is - After San Antonio, it appears the judges have clearly decided they want to introduce the element of concert band into DCI...

Picture this....First day of BD training camp, instead of saying "OK guys, get your dot books out", the director says, "Guess what guys, this year. forget the dot books, we got something better! We are actually going to get to take our "dots" out on the field WITH us. Here is the plan. At the beginning of the show, you just take your dot (chair) right out and line it up in set-up (just like you would do a dot in practice) then presto!, when the show starts come back and sit or stand in your chair where ya placed it! Play a few ditties, cross your legs for the great GE effect, then move your chairs to your new dot, play a little more, etc."

By the third day, the director says, "Sweet!! Didn't I tell ya! Easy right? Great few days of work gang, feel free to take the weekend off!" No reason we need to kill ourselves practicing when over half our show we can have clean as soon as we learn where to place our dots (chairs). And the best part is, nobody will even guess what the strategy is because they will be so in awe of how creative our show design is. :sad:

Truth be told, I'm not sure any other corps would get credit for having such a "smart", "innovative" show or for sitting down to play (i.e. concert band).

Mark my words, three years from now when DCI more closely resembles concert band then marching corps, we can thank the green shirts for feeling sorry that at least one of them didn't get the memo in '08 that said BD was supposed to win. :sad: So, by all means, yes, let's just hand it to them this year.

Blue Stars easily deserved the win from my vantage point, which was the press box.

I guess if you were in the press box, that qualifies you to to decide that Bluestars easily beat BAC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess if you were in the press box, that qualifies you to to decide that Bluestars easily beat BAC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hate to burst your bubble Bluehull, but see my post above. The judges are obviously digging the "sitting" down in the show idea this year (BD being the PRIME example and Blue Stars attempting a modified version while they take their place in the "factory" at the sewing machines). Apparently that "complicated marching maneuver" gives them the free pass to squash their competition this season...

I'm not saying I agree, I'm just saying it looks to be a pattern... Marching ...err, I mean Concert DCI, here we come!

Honestly? No, I do not believe there are many on this board that believe there is a corps with an outside chance of taking out BD as you so eloquently put it.

And it's not even because everybody knows the judges feel indebted to BD because *gasp* I guess one of the judges didn't GET THE MEMO last year that said BD was supposed to win and "accidentally" scored Phantom Regiment a tenth of a point higher so now they feel indebted to them??... :sad: The reason is - After San Antonio, it appears the judges have clearly decided they want to introduce the element of concert band into DCI...

Picture this....First day of BD training camp, instead of saying "OK guys, get your dot books out", the director says, "Guess what guys, this year. forget the dot books, we got something better! We are actually going to get to take our "dots" out on the field WITH us. Here is the plan. At the beginning of the show, you just take your dot (chair) right out and line it up in set-up (just like you would do a dot in practice) then presto!, when the show starts come back and sit or stand in your chair where ya placed it! Play a few ditties, cross your legs for the great GE effect, then move your chairs to your new dot, play a little more, etc."

By the third day, the director says, "Sweet!! Didn't I tell ya! Easy right? Great few days of work gang, feel free to take the weekend off!" No reason we need to kill ourselves practicing when over half our show we can have clean as soon as we learn where to place our dots (chairs). And the best part is, nobody will even guess what the strategy is because they will be so in awe of how creative our show design is. :whistle:

Truth be told, I'm not sure any other corps would get credit for having such a "smart", "innovative" show or for sitting down to play (i.e. concert band).

Mark my words, three years from now when DCI more closely resembles concert band then marching corps, we can thank the green shirts for feeling sorry that at least one of them didn't get the memo in '08 that said BD was supposed to win. :unsure: So, by all means, yes, let's just hand it to them this year.

Maybe they'll let you sit on nice white chairs while they walk away with the trophy. Then you can form a circle talk to others about your point of view. Then the stadium lights will go off and you'll probably be talking... sitting on the chairs... trying to make a point about sitting on the chairs and playing a tune.

Your gibberish is so pointless.

Make sure they sign the chairs for you.

I'm disappointed that I didn't get to go. :whistle: