Murfreesboro Market

Yes, I was at Houston and San Antonio, and there is no way that SCV's or Cavies music rep is any where near Crowns. Like I said, I hope Crown had a really really bad night. I completely trust Petrash, so that's all I have to say. Crown really needs to clean up their feet. Pretty clear! But musically, they are with Cadets and BD.

I've been around the activity for a long time and I have to say that Vanguard's hornline this year is one of the most subtle, nuanced and artistically crafted that I've ever heard. The way they play with such a beautiful and balanced sound, their dynamic control, the way they shape phrases... just spectacular. I think they're scoring right where they belong.

Crown has a wonderful program this year as well, and I think the entire top 5 will be in close contention right up until Finals night.

Edited by Super Don-O

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading your post, I was struck by just how absurd (adsurb?) this post would have been just a few short years ago. Says a lot about how far the Crown organization has come. Way to go!

That is a really good point. Didn't go back read the whole thread but Crowns guard was only .2 behind Cavies tonight (18.3 cavies 18.1 crown). Get it colorguard !!

Naw, all of my favorite corps were here and did well. I'm just looking at the recap and wondering what the justification for some of these numbers are. There are some very dramatic leaps and falls here tonight.

my hunch is new stuff thats dirty yet

No, from what I'm told they had a good show tonight. They beat the Troopers Visually tonight which they haven't been doing. They got killed in Music, a caption they have done well in. GE they have been beating Troopers consistantly and today they loose to them. They didn't deserve to drop a point in a half tonight from the last time out. I hate to say this but it seems as they are not being scored based on their performance when the Troopers are at the same show and it's a shame too.

?

on another note Spirit got last in visual performance....I don't agree with that but I can't say it aint so. I'm sure if these corps had an off night they'll pull it together when the time is right =)

I've been around the activity for a long time and I have to say that Vanguard's hornline this year is one of the most subtle, nuanced and artistically crafted that I've ever heard. The way they play with such a beautiful and balanced sound, their dynamic control, the way they shape phrases... just spectacular. I think they're scoring right where they belong.

I agree 100% but not everyone can appreciate the exposure IMHO. My feelings were that once they get the balance tweaked in a few places, the beauty would unfold.

FFFF Legato Music can be soooo beautiful when done correctly and without rimshots bouncing around a dome. :tongue:

I'm seeing so many attempts to rationalize a score or a placement. It's very entertaining on the part of my fellow DCP'ers.

All I see are 3 corps that performed on the same night and came out in a virtual deadlock. Weaknesses have been exposed. Strengths have been exposed. That said, most strengths are equally great between the 3. Weaknesses are measured in tenths. Crown missed box 5 in GE Visual. That's it. SCV Missed box 5 in Guard and Music Ensemble. That's it. Cavies missed box 5 in Music Ensemble. That's it.

SCV and Crown probably have better hornlines ... but Cavies are executing what they have very well. DUH!

SCV about the same spread lower on percussion, which is consistent with recent results.

Crown get's basically SLAMMED in GE Visual .... Basically the same numbers they got 2 nights ago whereas SCV improve a bit.

So what? Cavies got some super high scores in Visual Ensemble ... good for them. They're running out of room in that caption.

These 3 corps can push back on the top and feed off one another. Get your boxers out of a knot and enjoy the race.

They're all FINE CORPS! The spread was 1.5 between 1st and 3rd. Big deal!!!!! That's equivalent to a .1 markup across the board. No Big Deal!!!

I love that phrase... Translation: you want to run out of room, its called getting the highest scores.... :tongue: Hey guess what? BD is REALLY running out of room. they better be careful or they might get , what, a 99. something?

?

on another note Spirit got last in visual performance....I don't agree with that but I can't say it aint so. I'm sure if these corps had an off night they'll pull it together when the time is right =)

I'm just going off accounts from someone at the show tonight that the Colts actually had a good show tonight. If that's not accurate then I'd agree with you.

I'm just going off accounts from someone at the show tonight that the Colts actually had a good show tonight. If that's not accurate then I'd agree with you.

I promise you when I marched, we expected the score to drop when we had our "best" runs--yet when we thought it was "bad" our score jumped. After being sadden by Spirit's placement and score at San Antonio i've refocused my observations and am hoping that these corps are having a great time touring. Trying to figure out scores can really get you down, so don't dwell on it too much.

Edited by SpiritofAtlanta99

Just got back from the show a little while ago. I thought the spreads were a bit off. I had the Scouts a tad bit over Spirit. I also had Troopers and Colts a bit closer together. I however did not see a 1.5 spread between Cavies and Crown. I thought Crown would be .1 over Santa Clara. And Cavies about .5-1 points ahead of them. I feel that GE was a bit off tonight. However wonderful show from all the corps. And congrats to Troopers breaking 80!