Potential for decreasing attendance

Championships are my vacation. I have reached the point in my career that I can afford it (financially and vacation days) EVERY year and have been going for quite a few consecutive years. I do not plan to spend my vacation in the same spot for nine years. This is NOTHING against Indy, I wouldn't do it if it was in Cancun or Paris either.

Same story here. I know that this gets the Indianapolis locals in an uproar but I would LOVE to visit your city more than once. I just don’t want to spend my vacation in any city for nine years straight.

We get the BOA example but most of that is parents and the majority of them are looking at maybe three or four years straight, then they move on to other activites.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also much cheaper to get your fix through the Fan Network.

A lot will also depend on where the economy heads in the next few years.

For the price of 2 to attend Finals you can put together a reasonably nice home theater set up and watch a live HD feed of a show when DCI gets to that point.

Also, given our economic troubles a centrally located place like Indy makes it possible for more people to drive and avoid the ridiculousness that the airline industry has become.

Edited by dckid80

It seems to work well for WGI in Dayton.

I kind of like going back every year (and I've been going since '86) - it's kind of like a homecoming.

I'm sure DCI will be fine in Indianapolis

Later,

Mike

it will take a year or two to truly know, especially with the economy as it is this year.

I have no problem with the stationary finals place, but I do have a problem about Indianapolis.

Indianapolis isn't the cheapest airport to fly into. This acts as a barrier for alot of people, especially with this economy!

Edited by kagario

I kind of like going back every year (and I've been going since '86) - it's kind of like a homecoming.

Later,

Mike

Agreed. And let's face it...there is far less to do in Dayton than there is in Indy. Yet I love going to Dayton every year and I've always enjoyed going to Indy when I've been there. I'm looking forward to it.

Changing locations gives more variety, and would help bring people into the activity who could not otherwise afford the tickets to Indy.

If you're looking to bring someone new into the activity then there are contests throughout the nation to which you can bring them, it doesn't have to be finals. In fact, attending finals every year is for only the hardest of the hardcore fans.

Later,

Mike

Good point. It can be the same in drum corps. How many of those complaining about finals every year in Indy are the same that love returning to Madison year after year?