OK what's up with Crown?

Has there show maxed out? From the beginning of the season all we've heard is that their show could be in contention for the top spot. Now they are behind BD, Cavies, HNC, and SCV (according to Murfreesboro scores) heading into Atlanta. Is it mainly the changes not being clean yet, or is there some other thing that's holding them back right now? Also anyone else going to Night Beat Sunday night? I'll be there on the 35 yardline, left side, halfway up pulling for everyone to blow my socks off!!!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there show maxed out? From the beginning of the season all we've heard is that their show could be in contention for the top spot. Now they are behind BD, Cavies, HNC, and SCV (according to Murfreesboro scores) heading into Atlanta. Is it mainly the changes not being clean yet, or is there some other thing that's holding them back right now? Also anyone else going to Night Beat Sunday night? I'll be there on the 35 yardline, left side, halfway up pulling for everyone to blow my socks off!!!

I'll be at NightBeat too. Cleaning I think is the problem. I still have my fingers crossed for a turn around by Allentown.

I'll be at NightBeat too. Cleaning I think is the problem. I still have my fingers crossed for a turn around by Allentown.

I'm planning on going to HNC's rehearsal but not the show.

I think many Crown fans spoke too soon when they started throwing around terms like "championship". They came out with a CLEAR show, not a clean show. I think judges and audiences alike were impressed with a unique concept and approach that was well-programmed and had a lot of clarity in their effect (and they were playing really well for so early...brass and drum lines are very strong). Cadets, Cavies, etc. were dirty AND not really clear yet, but that has all changed dramatically, as one might expect with good corps.

I think Crown is every bit as strong as they were early season, they just got the early jump and now everybody has settled into where they should be.

Everyone come to NightBEAT and do the anti-rain dance!

I'm hoping its the fact that they still have some dirt to clean (they do a lot of stuff on the ground! :tongue:), especially with having a new ending. I will be at Allentown, and I'm again hoping that by then, they'll be back in the top 3.

On a side note though, you also have to take into account the rest of the top 6. Even if they're currently 5th, they're keeping company with other VERY talented corps with great shows. So it's not all bad. I think its possible we could have a top 6 above 95 this year... :cool:

Edited by NCSU_Crown

I think it's a combination of the "bug", getting the endurance back up then a major drill re-write. I thought all along that Allentown they would be getting back up to full strength. The question would be will they be too far back?

I'm going to Crown's rehearsal after lunch and staying for the show. I'm sitting down low to get a face full of Crown's hornline.

Remember, Crown has never had their best show at NB....hope the change in venue helps?

Crown is right where I expected them to be, in 5th.

There is only a "problem" among the people who thought Crown could win this year. This prediction was even more "out there" than Phantom repeating, which going by history, wasn't very likely either.

So... nothing is up with Crown. They have a good show, and perform it very well. The higher up the standings you go, the harder it is to get each next spot. It is just reality.

Edited by soccerguy315

from what i was reading crown did add a new closer as we all know... but also i've read that they are just dirty right now... im expecting them to go back up by championship week... just wait and see