Serious question - I'm not trolling

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I probably don't count because I play in the pit, but I was away from the activity 13 years and just came back this year. It is very difficult, because I do have some auto-immune issues, and the Florida heat is unbearable at times, but as little as 2 1/2 years ags I was in great shape and would have been fine marching and all. I am 51 in Sept, and see no problem with your age unless you do have other health problems. Just take care of yourself and you should be fine.

Edited by tymps4life

Renegades have active MARCHING members in their early to mid 60's. I myself am 38.

the number 40 is JUST THAT.... a NUMBER. I'm betting your heart is MUCH younger than that :thumbup:

If DCA had an age-out restriction it wouldn't be any fun. :thumbup:

Wow..... reading this thread, it hit me that I retired from marching at age 24.

Slacker. :thumbup:

Fran

I have been marching Drum corps since 1967 and have been with Bucs for the last 5 years. I have 2 screws in mt right big toe, and an Cobalt left knee. I spend 5-6 nights a week in the gym, lifting weights and doing cardio. If you want to survive Bucs drill(thanks Bobby), the most important is the cardio. The horn playing will come back by doing. It forces me to stay fit.

My son and his fiancee both march at Bucs with me, and my daughter marched last summer, too.

I'm 55.

Walter Street

I also travel 4 hours from Pittsburgh every weekend---uphill, both ways!

Geez, what's the big deal about being 40 :thumbup: ? !

I'm (let's just say less than ten years) older than that, and I still hope to someday get another year or two on the field, competing, some day.

I dont remember exactly, but I THINK Cabs have a 60-plus dude in the hornline, alongside the teenagers.

We have three actually. The oldest is 63 and comes down from Canada every weekend. He's in the Mellophone line... actually he just had a birthday as well. The youngest is one of the Canadian's sons who is 14. Wide range of ages.

Geez, what's the big deal about being 40 :thumbup: ? !

I'm (let's just say less than ten years) older than that, and I still hope to someday get another year or two on the field, competing, some day.

I dont remember exactly, but I THINK Cabs have a 60-plus dude in the hornline, alongside the teenagers.

We have three actually. The oldest is 63 and comes down from Canada every weekend. He's in the Mellophone line... actually he just had a birthday as well. The youngest is one of the Canadian's sons who is 14. Wide range of ages.

Great info. Thanks so much. I'm not sure which comment I had the bigger chuckle from, the guy that started drum corps when cars had tail fins or the guy that is slowly turning into the six million dollar man one screw, bolt or joint at a time. ;-)

Gotta give it a shot -- just as long as they don't take as long as they do on America's Got Talent to tell you that you're out. Yeah, I was watching it tonight. Sad, I know...