Strangest Place You Ever Played A Standstill

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Train Ride at Waldemeer Amusement Park in Erie, PA. Erie Thunderbirds

During our summer corps picnic a few years ago, we loaded up the entire train...horns, drums and all.. and played out both sides of the train as it rode us all through the park!! Got some pretty interesting looks for the park guests!!

I guess this would actualy be a "Sit" still concert! :thumbup:

On the Train Ride at Waldemeer Amusement Park in Erie, PA. Erie Thunderbirds

During our summer corps picnic a few years ago, we loaded up the entire train...horns, drums and all.. and played out both sides of the train as it rode us all through the park!! Got some pretty interesting looks for the park guests!!

I guess this would actualy be a "Sit" still concert! :thumbup:

Good one Jeff. That might even top the Farm Show building (complete with ka-ka) in Harrisburg. Possibly the Ice Rink at Boston Univeristy. Just sayin...........

Edited by melligene

Sorry....I am still laughing at the Handicapped Fish Rodeo!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Me too, Frank!!!! Unbelievable.

1979 Westshoremen played in a disco at Strawberry Square in town, marched in and played on the floor with the blinking lights, etc. right out of Saturday Night Fever, LOL. Crazy stuff.

Hey Bob, I know we played in the disco in 1981 when I was with the corps. We also did the gig at Penn National horse track for the Governors cup. We played in the morning for the start of the 5k run and I think we played a few times in between races but not sure. I know we went out on the track and did minor drill right before the trophy race. Like Steel City Ambassadors, we also played for the Lady Keystone Open at the Hershey Country Club in Hershey PA. Nothing like marching down the fairway to the green and hoping you don't trip over a sprinkler head. They did take pretty good care of us with liquid refreshments though.

27th Lancers....1986 played at a mall in Sioux City, IA.......they fed the corps pizza for lunch.

Bushwackers....1992 (I think) played at an Equestrian event in Gladstone, NJ. We weren't allowed to play loud at all so as not to spook the horses.

1978 Rochester Crusaders played at the Lockport prison yard, another Vince deal for the prisoners, RCA show that night.

Skyliners in 04 or 05. We were rehearsing in Stroudsburg at a park and a local group was setting up at the pavillion nearby for some sort of party. Once it started we went over and played our show for them.

Oh, I almost forgot.

Spectrum in 2001, we played christmas carols at a Sam's Club one afternoon.

1978 Rochester Crusaders played at the Lockport prison yard, another Vince deal for the prisoners, RCA show that night.

how could I forget that one? The sheriff was a big drum corps fan... and the prisoners served us a GREAT meal...