Crown, Cadets or Vanguard?

The "Phantom" effect  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Which corps do you feel has the best chance of rising from the depths and "stealing" it all?

• Carolina Crown
    • Holy Name Cadets
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • No chance, BD's got number 13 in the bag.

Duh, yes. The poll is flawed and irrelevant like comparing the two Allentown's or local versus regional score outcomes ( :thumbup: )

Yeah, I figured, sarcasm unfortunately doesn't come across well via monotone typing.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I love BD, I wouldn't mind seeing any of the 4 winning.

I like BD's show. I know a lot of people aren't the biggest fans of BD, but I like their style and the difference between them and the other corps.

I'm also not a big fan of the Cadets. I like a few of their shows, mainly the ones in the 80's and 90's. But I saw the Cadets in Allentown, and I loved the show. So if they win, I'd be okay with it. They've got a great show. You can't really go wrong with WWS and the Cadets.

If Crown or SCV won, that would be great! They both have a great show, great sound and great musical selection.

I've enjoyed these 4 shows and if one of them won, it would be great and I wouldn't be surprised or shocked with the outcome.

I'm going to say HNC just because of all the standing ovations they've been getting. It seems like they get around 4 per show and it seems like the members have been already feeding off of that. Good luck to all corps this week. I like all the shows

Edited by ctbonesfan

HA!!! It's pretty obvious you weren't on this site the past couple years. Negativity is the lifeblood of this forum.

well said 2000 Cadet. I was at the Giants Stadium show this past Sunday and gave standing ovations to other Corps who I thought played great. This, with me in a Carolina Crown shirt. I gave the Holy Name Cadets a standing ovation because I thought they were the best Corps that night. Yet I saw people either boo Carolina Crown or sit on their hands when other Corps had just finished their program. Haved marched and played I know the hours of rehearsal we put in, but it was all worth it when we got a standing ovation. I'll cheer like crazy for the Carolina Crown this week but will gave the proper respect and applaud loudly for the Corps that wins. I couldn't understand the people at Giants Stadium this past Sunday who sat on their hands when Corps other than their own favorite corps were done performing and they sat silent. I thought all the Corps "brought it" that night but had no qualms about giving the Holy Name Cadets a standing ovation at the end of their show. The people who sat on their hands just don't get it.

For all the people ###### that cavies arent in this poll....seriously??? The poll asks who has a chance to "rise from the depths" and do what phantom did last year. Cavies are seeded 2nd at quarters...hardly a long shot to win...at least by the numbers. The OP also stated that this is not just a 'who do you think will win thread", since theres like 8 of those. If you really want to predict a cavaliers win, you have plenty of places to do so. Im sure the guys will read your posts and somehow work harder than they already are this week.... :thumbup:

SCV has the best chance to pull off a PR run. Not the PR run from the last year, but rather the PR run from 96. SCV will finish 7th in drums at quarters, 5th at semis, and 3rd at finals to push them to the title!! And SCV won't be 3.7 points down to BD at quarters like PR was.

And no, I don't see this happening. Just having a little fun. :thumbup:

I'm going to say HNC just because of all the standing ovations they've been getting. It seems like they get around 4 per show and like the members have been already feeding off of that. Good luck to all corps this week. I like all the shows

I love that line in your signature, "that running company front makes me want to punch a baby in the face"....HILARIOUS!!

...not that I condone such things lol...still, the mental picture is funny. :thumbup:

Would've voted for Cavies.