Terrible Sound in Lucas

I will never go back to finals there. The sound was terrible. :rock:

The sad thing is that I live 3 hours away by car. Closest finals for me EVER. Oh well.

Looks like I'll just go to Allentown from now on.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Championship is not about music quality but raising enough cash so the corps can continue to survive.

Well, DCI seems to be making a decade-long bet that you are right. Personally, I suspect that hearing the music is pretty important to most of the people spending the $$$. But one way or another, we're going to find out.

The DCI Championship was hugely successfull in all areas. Championship is not about music quality but raising enough cash so the corps can continue to survive. You will not see one article from any corps about the acoustics in Lucas Stadium they are all busy counting cash..

Are there any fact, numbers, etc to back up any of these statements?

If you want music quanlity go to the opera.

Okay, I'll make you a deal: if I have to sacrifice musical quality, you can watch the visual for all the shows through big ol' coke bottle glasses. That way, we both get handicapped about the same.

Deal?

Sound quality was completely unacceptable for drum corps purposes in Lucas Oil. It wasn't even passable. :rock:

Revenge of the RCA Dome (a show I went to once, and never again...sensing a pattern forming with Indianapolis shows).

I hope that EVERYONE that has an issue with the this venue, for whatever reason, contacts DCI and (in a respectful way) tell them their issues.

Jeff, since you're on the BD Board, wouldn't Mr. Gibbs be a better person to complain to? He's on the DCI Board and, with a majority of his colleagues, voted for a 10 year contract at this place when it was little more than a hole in the ground.

I've heard only rumors of DCI having an "out" of the contract at some point in the next year or two. If that is indeed the case, the Board needs to be looking at options NOW.

While I would hope that DCI management would publicly address this as well, I'm guessing that they won't (unless they're unveiling a supposed fix for the issue.) To do so would only admit that the venue is an acoustical dog which won't especially help advance ticket sales.

Edited by Phillygwm

I was on the 40 in the middle level, and the sound was horrible........I won't be going back to Indy, as I can't believe any musical person would approve the drum corps world's top event to be placed in this reverb chamber........last year, they were forced to Bloomington, and the sound was great there..........I will say the stadium was quite comfortable, with AC, lounges, etc.....but I would sacrifice that anytime for a great sounding stadium for the corps, and this isn't it..........I'll go to other shows, but I'm not spending a ton of money to go and hear drum corps in this stadium again.........

GB

Okay, I'll make you a deal: if I have to sacrifice musical quality, you can watch the visual for all the shows through big ol' coke bottle glasses. That way, we both get handicapped about the same.

Deal?

Hmmmm, I would get dizzy :rock: