DCI World Class 2009 Finals Thread

Maybe they were booing the judges?? Who IMO deserved to be booed. :tongue:

The booing happened right after the score of 99 was given. People around me were reacting to the high score not BD. Congrads BD!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be put in time out for that one.... :tongue:

hey...i was. i posted the DCA scores, and as soon as I hit add reply, DCP froze up.

Apparently that's the case now in DCI. Man how I miss the 80's....

The formula for winning is being the best and BD clearly was the best. Stop sniveling!

Look at any of my old posts over the past week about Phantom.

It's uncanny how easily I predicted where Lee Carlson and the visual community would put them at finals and where they would score by each judge. Isn't it sad that you can see through some of the visual judges so easily? Well, let's hope they got all of their 2008 anger out tonight so the kids in Phantom next year dont have to deal with this kind of garbage. Great in visual, no way. 10th and 11th in visual captions, really no way!

Congrats BD and everyone on a fine 2009 competitive season! Now time to begin hating our rival college bands and football teams! :tongue:

The booing happened right after the score of 99 was given. People around me were reacting to the high score not BD. Congrads BD!

I am sure BD expects to be booed considering where Finals were held. Cadets were booed in pasadena - I don't think booing is cool but it happens.

Honestly, I didn't like BD's show, but they executed the snot out of it, and - as usual - they had super-exposed stuff written in to show off that execution. My reactions were along the lines of, "Wow - I can't believe they pulled THAT off…"

Crown rocked; great corps two years in a row. They're gonna win soon.

Cadets were WAY aggressive. I thought they were going to jump ahead of Crown, actually. Really cool show, too.

SCV.. Probably my favorite show this year.

And the booing? I've only been around DCI for a couple decades, but I've never known anyone to actually boo a corps instead of a score. Sure, people want to see someone topple BD, but it's going to take something truly special, whether in programming innovation or emotional power. This year came close, that's for sure.

Synths… don't get me started. That's a topic for another day (and typing on a computer instead of a phone).

Synths need to be gone. When they are used to fill a weakness in the horn line just makes me angry. If they can play it, then play it. Mr. Royer is rolling in his grave over this crap.

a few post final thoughts...

1. Phantom's drop to 9th is staggering. When I first saw them in June, I thought the show was a mess (and was blasted by

certain unnamed phans for saying so). But as the season went along, I started to see some of that swagger come back.

Some of that confidence that the '08 Corps had. In fact I thought they were VASTLY improved over the past three weeks.

That includes Vis. I did think they would be beaten by BAC's awesome show, but I did not see the Blue Stars passing them.

I guess thats one reason I am not a judge.

2. Congrats BIG TIME to Crown. I remember one thread year before last on this very forum where people picked the next Corps

to bust into the top five and Crown was the favorite. See how smart we all are! They are on the right track and I think they

will challenging for the top spot from here on out. There's another big dog in the house now.

3. Thank You Santa Clara for one of the most Majestic, Elegant, Beautiful shows I have ever seen. One of the Classiest

Organizations in DCI.

4. I am so proud of 'my' Blue Devils. BDB's determination and BDA's race for perfection were awe-inspiring.

5. And finally...thanks to all my DCP brothers and sisters for months of conversation, laughs, and (mild) disagreements.

I know that a lot of you will log off and not come back until the spring but thanks for the good times. We are all tied

together by a common bond...the love of love Drum Corps...

I would suggest a group hug but I'm kind of protective of my personal space :tongue:

Cali.

Thanks for your thoughts and in about a week or so it will be back to a normal lifestyle so see ya next Spring if not sooner. :tongue: