So What Should They Do NEXT Year?

I was thinking of a show called "Child's Play" - each segement of the show based upon a different children's game - musical chairs, duck duck goose, red rover red rover, red light/green light.

Actually, the more I think about it, the less goofy it sounds. It could make for some fun visual ideas.

Maybe Blue Star sor Crown?

Chutes and Ladders!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will let the creative people come up with the show concepts, I just want the roof opened up so I can appreciate what they create!!!

Would love to see someone (SCV would be great) perform some Eric Ewazen. Don't think any corps has ever played his music. I've played some of his brass choir stuff and it was a treat.

Great choice! I've never understood why this hasn't been done more and Regiment would do it well. I can see the battle scene already! :doh:

Me too. This piece (Nevsky) is basically already written for the DC idiom ... a well-done literal interpretation would blow the roof off. C'mon, Regiment, DO IT already!!

Edited by hughesmr

CROWN is way too safe for that. There shows are good but vanilla safe..

Mostly take tunes others have played in the past. I would love to see crown do something , anything NEW.

They have been in the top 6 for 2 years now. Time to grow an identity.

if they have one what is it ??

This again? :lol:
others.

BD-just march your butts off this year. [ :doh: ]

CROWN -please find an identity and an original show with music no one has played before . [see my following comments]

Cadets-Just don't go back to the weird shows. [i think this is the only thing I agree with you on]

SCV-young persons again ? stay beautiful pony boy. [A repeat?]

Cavies -some ERROL FLYNN soundtracks. [Don't really no how to reply to this one]

Bluecoats-Some BLUES. [blues? Spirit should be playing blues]

BOSTON -Florida suite from suncoast sound. [A repeat? And...Ummmm.... NO! This was written specifically for Suncoast and that's where it should stay.]

Troopers - Dances with Wolves. [They used part of it in THEIR (not "there". Sorry. Pet peeve) show this year]

Crossmen -JCS [been done before]

Madison -Nacho Libre soundtrack so they can keep guard uniforms. [As much as I'd like to see some ska (which there (not "their") is on the ST) on the field... no!]

Spirit-SandiPatti music /gospel [They already did this]

Colts-Field of dreams [The Place Where Dreams Come True has been used before]

PC -Beachboys [The Beach Boys (2 words) have been used before. And wouldn't be this way outside their "identity"?]

Academy -another looking for a identity. although they are new. " Fanfare for the new "brings them to finals. [This has been used numerous times]

Pioneer -Crown Imerial [Again, this has been used numerous times. Including Pioneer last year.]

So... you think Crown needs to play something new yet these other corps (10 out of your 15) are given the green light? :lol:

Regiment: Prokofiev Alexander Nevsky. Get back to killing people.

I still have nightmares from playing this in '83. And not necessarily from the piece itself. Although Phantom would give it the proper treatment. Again, I'm still holding out for a Symphonie Fantastique do over by Phantom.

Edited by skajerk

For the Bluecoats, I select Danny Elfman's Serenada Schizophrana. It's dark, it's complex, it just screams Bluecoats to me.

No Tim Burton treatment here. You have to go further down the road with this one. Show design would have to cross a line maybe drum corps isn't ready to cross to get across the imagery of the music.

Edited by Gaddabout

Spirit - Porgy and Bess

fits with the southern theme that so many have been clamoring for while allowing the corps to bring back more of the musical feel that they had going from 01-07 when they were more successful competitively.

wouldn't mind seeing someone tackle some of the music from Civ4 (yes, I know a good bit has been done already) or the Miracle soundtrack. Actually I think Crown would be perfect for Miracle and could do quite well with it competitively.

Spirit - Porgy and Bess

fits with the southern theme that so many have been clamoring for while allowing the corps to bring back more of the musical feel that they had going from 01-07 when they were more successful competitively...

I wouldn't mind seeing them tackle this again. Don't know if they have a soloist that can top Hunter though. :doh:

I wouldn't mind seeing them tackle this again. Don't know if they have a soloist that can top Hunter though. :doh:

Can't say too many do, Hunter killed those solos.