So What Should They Do NEXT Year?

I heard a pretty cool piece in a contemporary Gabrielli style called "Cathedrals" by Kathryn Salfelder; add Debussy's La Cathédrale Engloutie (The Sunken Cathedral) and Bernstein's Mass - could be an awesome artistic SCV show.

I love me some Debussy :)

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Devils returning to The Who, but for Quadrophenia this time, please, please, please. Crown, switching it up and going dark and mean, no real suggestions for specific material, just would like to see a switch up, but I'm sure I'll dig whatever this excellent design team comes up with. That's about all I've got. It's gonna be a long hard wait. Can't wait until new programs start to get announced, guess it'll be at least winter until that happens.

I've said it before...

Phantom, I want a redo of Symphonie Fantastique!

I was thinking of a show called "Child's Play" - each segement of the show based upon a different children's game - musical chairs, duck duck goose, red rover red rover, red light/green light.

Actually, the more I think about it, the less goofy it sounds. It could make for some fun visual ideas.

Maybe Blue Star sor Crown?

Holy crap - I just typed this today in my show design notes for possible ideas...

Show Ideas

Childsplay…

Show about childhood games - leapfrog, tag, red light green light….all silly music arranged up to sound intense, section about a bully, swing set, monkey bars…..

:tongue::blink::smile:

The world will not be perfect until Regiment does Janacek's "Sinfonietta". :tongue:

THIS^

I heard a pretty cool piece in a contemporary Gabrielli style called "Cathedrals" by Kathryn Salfelder; add Debussy's La Cathédrale Engloutie (The Sunken Cathedral) and Bernstein's Mass - could be an awesome artistic SCV show.

I went to school with Kathryn!

Boston do the musical CHICAGO With guard as Richard Gere and Rene Zellweger

I was thinking of a show called "Child's Play" - each segement of the show based upon a different children's game - musical chairs, duck duck goose, red rover red rover, red light/green light.

Actually, the more I think about it, the less goofy it sounds. It could make for some fun visual ideas.

Holy crap - I just typed this today in my show design notes for possible ideas...

Show Ideas

Childsplay…

Show about childhood games - leapfrog, tag, red light green light….all silly music arranged up to sound intense, section about a bully, swing set, monkey bars…..

:tongue::blink::smile:

Interesting. First thing that popped into my head when I saw these two posts was '88 Suncoast Sound:

Symphonic Dances for the Contemporary Child: Red and Yellow, Black and White; This is the Way We...; Wait 'Till Your Father Gets Home; WAR; For Yesterday's Child

If you have the Fan Network, you need to watch this show. Way ahead of it's time. If there were a corps that could pull off a Suncoast type of show, I'd have to say it'd be Crown. I'd love to see what they could do.

Have you heard Suncoast Sound 88? Symphonic Dances for the Comtemporary Child. It's excellent. Good idea for Crown I think, who ae quite Suncoast-y in their big sound.