So What Should They Do NEXT Year?

Then a big bad wolf would come around an blow the whole thing down? (i had to complete the Eddie Izzard quote) :tongue:

...and the Cadets were relocated to the projects? :blink:

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of a show called "Child's Play" - each segement of the show based upon a different children's game - musical chairs, duck duck goose, red rover red rover, red light/green light.

Actually, the more I think about it, the less goofy it sounds. It could make for some fun visual ideas.

Maybe Blue Star sor Crown?

RCC did this show a couple years back. You don't want DCi to become WGI do you? Oh wait, it's too late...

I think The Cavaliers need to go back to a show a la 2004 where they can again play non-original music and also embody a very suave, masculine, cool character like James Bond. Something where the show calls for that Cavalier Swagger at all times. I'll think of something specific soon. :rock:

It think their show should be

"The Most Interesting Man in the World"-

And the only narrative will be after the end release:

"Stay Thirsty My Friends"

Holy crap - I just typed this today in my show design notes for possible ideas...

Show Ideas

Childsplay…

Show about childhood games - leapfrog, tag, red light green light….all silly music arranged up to sound intense, section about a bully, swing set, monkey bars…..

:ph34r::rock::tongue:

If you want some more inspriation for this idea, find Suncoast Sound 1988. Very similar concept, and VERY ahead of its time. Robert Smith incorporated many nursery rhymes and children's songs into his original arrangement for the show. I think it was called 'The Modern Child', or something similar...Kind of a dark and twisted 'Childsplay'.

Great show!

I got the feeling that SCV would do the New World Symphony in 2010.

not saying that I would like that idea...

Cavaliers: Call me crazy, but I'd like to hear their take on some Shostakovich

I'm sure that some recordings of the '78 show escaped the members' desire to see them destroyed. :rock:

Why? Are we at the point in DCI where all the corps can do that is popular is to recycle past corps success?

Reference: Cadets and SCV this year, and to some degree BD w/Happy Day are here again from '88

Something original please?

Um i don't think re-doing one show would be considered "all the corps can do", especially from a corps that went and did original music year after year for awhile.

We joked about that in 2007, but Gino Cipriani is vehemently against doing any part two shows!

Was he bound and gagged in '06?