TOP 10 things IN 2009 we think but dare not say!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line: The judges and the crowd voted for BD. End of story.

I'm sorry. I try and try to stay out of this, but I can't help it this time.

When the score was announced for the winner at Indy on Saturday night, it sounded like Dick Cheney just walked into a DNC convention. People were leaving the stands in droves. The people around me were either booing, shrugging their shoulders or just clapping politely.

I have always liked BD. How could you not? Obviously the judges were very happy with their show. But, whether it was the fact that Crown didn't win, or the fact that BD won by that much or came so close to the record, most of the crowd was extremely unhappy.

I'm sorry. I try and try to stay out of this, but I can't help it this time.

When the score was announced for the winner at Indy on Saturday night, it sounded like Dick Cheney just walked into a DNC convention. People were leaving the stands in droves. The people around me were either booing, shrugging their shoulders or just clapping politely.

I have always liked BD. How could you not? Obviously the judges were very happy with their show. But, whether it was the fact that Crown didn't win, or the fact that BD won by that much or came so close to the record, most of the crowd was extremely unhappy.

Most of the crowd ? That would mean you know the opinions of exactly half of everyone attending plus one.

I'll leave it at that.

G

Most of the crowd ? That would mean you know the opinions of exactly half of everyone attending plus one.

I'll leave it at that.

G

Like I said, it sounded like Dick Cheney just walked into a DNC convention. That's the first time in 20 years I heard a reaction like that.

No sour grapes here. I'm just telling you what I heard.

Edited by wk2w

10. DCP is irrelevant to DCI show designers, corps directors, and policy makers. We can type as many posts as we want threatening boycotts, refusal to donate to corps, and crazy half-witted "proposals" on how to roll back the rules to the 1990's, but it's not going to happen. It doesn't matter, and DCI will continue to move on with or without us. Thinking otherwise = delusions of grandeur. DCP is an adequate place to bicker, read show reviews, wait for the site to crash while waiting for Finals scores, etc. but it has zero effect on inner workings of the activity. Even when a DCP member pulls strings and gets a corps to sponsor proposals that roll back rules, DCI is laughed at behind closed doors by everyone who matters: DCI Board, most corps directors, and staff members.

If none of our opinions matter, then all we can do is hit DCI where it matters most: In the pocket book. If you don't like what you see on the field, then just boycott the activity. Don't go to ANY shows and don't buy ANY dvd's, cd's, t-shirts. Total Boycott. But don't just boycott, contact DCI and all their sponsors directly and tell them you're boycotting them. Take the money away and they just might start to listen.

BTW, just exactly WHO are these god-like "Delicate Genius" DCI Board of Directors? Can somebody please post a list of the board members, their town and state of residence and what their position is. Enquiring minds want to know......

Oh, and a btw.....I didnt even clap for the BD (or PR) in 1996..I had to go to the bathroom so bad, I ran from my seat as soon as the score was announced, had a starnger wittnesed me, they would have thought anything other than the obvious. Appearances can be deceiving.

And, just how many in attendance this past finals are posting on here now ?? 100 people ?? 250 people ??

Case closed

G

BTW, just exactly WHO are these god-like "Delicate Genius" DCI Board of Directors? Can somebody please post a list of the board members, their town and state of residence and what their position is. Enquiring minds want to know......

From this article: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=1...c9-bf0ee52f43b0

Elected on Saturday, Jan. 24 by secret ballot of the DCI member corps:

Three-year term

Mark Arnold (Blue Knights)

Mike Kehoss (at-large)

Rick Valenzuela (Phantom Regiment)

Two-year term

Jeff Fiedler (Santa Clara Vanguard)

David Glasgow (Bluecoats)

Brian Setzer (at-large)

One-year term

Tom French (at-large)

George Hopkins (Cadets)

Greg Orwoll (Colts)

Basically 2/3'rds of the Board are DCI World Class Corps Directors: the people who live/breath/eat/sleep drum corps as their livelihoods. The people who have a stronger understanding of a corps' inter workings and financial business. Basically, people who know infinitely more about running drum corps than us.

From this article: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=1...c9-bf0ee52f43b0

Elected on Saturday, Jan. 24 by secret ballot of the DCI member corps:

Three-year term

Mark Arnold (Blue Knights)

Mike Kehoss (at-large)

Rick Valenzuela (Phantom Regiment)

Two-year term

Jeff Fiedler (Santa Clara Vanguard)

David Glasgow (Bluecoats)

Brian Setzer (at-large)

One-year term

Tom French (at-large)

George Hopkins (Cadets)

Greg Orwoll (Colts)

Basically 2/3'rds of the Board are DCI World Class Corps Directors: the people who live/breath/eat/sleep drum corps as their livelihoods. The people who have a stronger understanding of a corps' inter workings and financial business. Basically, people who know infinitely more about running drum corps than us.

Not Dave Gibbs?? Surprising, considering what he's done with BD in an administration sense.

• 2 weeks later...