TOP 10 things IN 2009 we think but dare not say!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys and gals the bottom line is no matter how much you gripe no matter how qualified

your posts are nothing and I mean nothing you or I say is going to change anything , dosn't

anybody reallize that DCI dosn't care about what what we think all they care about is what

a few people think on their B.O.D. and don't blame Dan he's not the one that makes the important

rules decisions it's take to a vote the only way to open their eyes is to hit em in the old pocket

book and I think that DCI has this done to themselves watch and see , if DCI dosen't bring their

ticket prices down drastically come finals week I believe that they will be singing the blues ! And as far as the judging system goes it's a JOKE and I've already posted my thoughts on this subject .

1. As much as I love Crown and was rooting for them to win, they only got second because Pipitone slam dunked the Cadets' percussion by an unworldly number.

2. So it is true that The Cavaliers have fallen from grace after 2006.

3. Santa Clara Vanguard is finally out of their dark years.

4. The Blue Devils showed that the judges don't acknowledge difficulty at all.

5. Carolina Crown and Santa Clara Vanguard will usher in a new brass-focused era.

6. "West Side Story" will be the most watched show on the DVD's due to it's thick musical and visual book.

7. This years fiasco with scores made the audience completely lose the judges' credibility.

8. Carolina Crown's visual program and visual execution are far from the rest of the top 6.

9. Santa Clara Vanguard and Blue Devils will finally duke it on the west coast.

10. Color Guards aren't doing hard work anymore (except maybe 2)

Edited by noahwalleh

1. As much as I love Crown and was rooting for them to win, they only got second because Pipitone slam dunked the percussion by an unworldly number.

3. Santa Clara Vanguard is finally out of their dark years.

4. The Blue Devils showed that the judges don't acknowledge difficulty at all.

5. Carolina Crown and Santa Clara Vanguard will usher in a new brass-focused era.

6. "West Side Story" will be the most watched show on the DVD's due to it's thick musical and visual book.

7. This years fiasco with scores made the audience completely lose the judges' credibility.

8. Carolina Crown's visual program and visual execution are far from the rest of the top 6.

9. Santa Clara Vanguard and Blue Devils

10. The judges have finally lost their credibility with the audience and marching members.

This is the first time in History, but...I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING SOMEONE SAID!!!

meh

4. I like dirty and exciting. Crown's show had me and most everyone else on our feet yelling and getting into the music. BD was like... :thumbup: They need to add like an originality/excitement caption or something.

7. The crowd will stand and cheer when the shows we like win. I honestly just clapped a little when BD won, I was not impressed with their show this year.

Hold DCI on the West and BD will get a huge response, remember 2007 (the crowd went wild). Face it, the midwest and east drum corps fans just don't like BD cuz they are tired of them winning. It would be unfare to have an applause caption due to the geographical location of Finals.

This is the first time in History, but...I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING SOMEONE SAID!!!

West side story was very entertaining, but full of dirt and sets that were a complete mess. Should crap be rewarded?

1. The apple is a metaphor. Shhhhh........

2. The Cavalier's were my "I really have to pee before the next corps" for the year.

3. I really liked Phantom this year, especially the music. I'll probably listen to this show on the CDs more than I've listened to Spartacus.

4. The drum major didn't really die last year. I saw him at the Q-finals Cinema broadcast. Shhhh........

5. Instead of "Constantly Risking Absurdity", the Blue Devils show was, "Really, It's Risky To Stand On These Chairs - It Is Expressly Against The Manufacturer's Warnings - Seriously."

6. The chair show was a lot harder than many people on here have implied.

7. If the quality of the drum corps product is declining, then why did I just add 2 shows to my all time top ten list?

8. Well, at least we won't get sun-burned at Quater Finals.

9. At least half of the high school bands in the South East will try to do the Carolina Crown body movements. They will fail miserably.

10. I am much, much older than I used to be.

Edited by Dr.Mickey

9. At least half of the high school bands in the South East will try to do the Carolina Crown body movements. They will fail miserably.

I thought this exact thing.

From this article: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=1...c9-bf0ee52f43b0

Elected on Saturday, Jan. 24 by secret ballot of the DCI member corps:

Three-year term

Mark Arnold (Blue Knights)

Mike Kehoss (at-large)

Rick Valenzuela (Phantom Regiment)

Two-year term

Jeff Fiedler (Santa Clara Vanguard)

David Glasgow (Bluecoats)

Brian Setzer (at-large)

One-year term

Tom French (at-large)

George Hopkins (Cadets)

Greg Orwoll (Colts)

Basically 2/3'rds of the Board are DCI World Class Corps Directors: the people who live/breath/eat/sleep drum corps as their livelihoods. The people who have a stronger understanding of a corps' inter workings and financial business. Basically, people who know infinitely more about running drum corps than us.

Wow, Brian Setzer is on the DCI BOD? Maybe someone should play something from one of his CDs next year to thank him for getting involved.

They were in SECOND place until like....quarters? or Allentown? That doesnt sound like falling from grace to me.

And BD beat Crown by quite a bit....I dont think he dunked them enough for crown to win if he hadnt.