TOP 10 things IN 2009 we think but dare not say!

8. People dislike the Blue Devils because they are successful.

BD has always been one of my favorites. I saw them five times this year (live) and still don't get why the show got the scores that it did. I talked to countless people sitting around me at these shows who had the same puzzled expression on their faces at the end of the show. Do you really think that many people would boo a champion corps for the reason you say? They certainly got great reactions last year and some people were pretty mad about them getting knocked out of first.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please see my comments about the "most musical" myth. :tongue:

In my world, if you can't hum the show music to the snare book alone, it's not musical.

Well, that's your personal opinion about "musicality" then...some might say that playing 16th note beats along with classical music lines on a snare drum isn't very musical at all. :rock:

It's not, which is why HNC uses COWBELLS!!!

Well, that's not why, but their book is phenomenal.

Um, does anyone want to tell him or shall I.............?

Yeah, I know, but I am holding out that some of my other conditions don't come true....... It was a sad day nonetheless.

3. Bring Back Kalamazoo!!!!!!!

Kalamazoo is back for next year. In which format, I am not sure (i.e., 1 night/2 nights, etc).

Now, maybe it's just me, but I thought this thread was titled the top 10 things we think but dare not say....I haven't sen one item on here that hasn't been rehashed ad nauseum for the duration of this summer (and in some cases, the summer before that). Is there anything NEW???