TOP 10 things IN 2009 we think but dare not say!

I think the synths added a TON to Boston's show. They used it for a VERY legitimate purpose, which was to create sounds that cannot be created by conventional means in DBC, but they still managed to do so in a very tasteful way, at least in my opinion. Their show would not have been the same without those effects.

Yes I agree. Top to bottom Boston had one of the best over all shows this year. Only great thing to follow.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since the pits amp'd can we just put them on the back sideline and get rid of all the congestion up front:)

since the pits amp'd can we just put them on the back sideline and get rid of all the congestion up front:)

Or at least off to one side or the other. I think I would be OK with the back sideline also. Especially if you still want to call it the pit. Dig a hole on the front line to stick 'em in. I always thought we were meant to be heard and not seen anyway.

7 years (as compared to 39 [76-09] years) is hardly enough time to get sick of a corps. You can add that to your list of excuses! :rock:

You're the 2004 Blue Devils Rookie of the Year so you're excused from knowing other corps histories. The Cavaliers had more championship trophies melt in a 1967 fire than Blue Devils have DCI Championships. I'm sick of 75 years of Cadet championships! (Did I say that out loud?)

Exactly the moment I thought of when I read that comment. :rock:

Slightly. Didn't seem to in the past. In fact, it's not horrible competitively to have the pit loud and clear so they can get more credit for the subtle intricate stuff they do: if a judge can't clearly hear it and know exactly what's going on, he's not going to credit it.

true. it's just when they cover up everything else that there is an issue...a frequent one.

4. Is it better to be clean and boring or Dirty and exciting. What the heck is the GE score about anyway? hmmmm If you are running around the field making intricate shapes and designs and the crowd goes ooooooo, ahhhhhhhh you get a high score? Or is it you use all kinds of props add a little marching here a little there and you then become unique and therefore given a high GE score?

6. Do we need the designers of shows to explain the concept of a show to get it? :rock: .... Really folks, in that case is the concept really that good?

4. the age old question.

6. we do as long as they continue to over think their 11 min show. this will continue for a few mor years where staffs try to out-think each other. it's to the point where each show needs a playbill.

1) Just because you don't like a particular corps, doesn't mean you are jealous of their success. I don't like what the BD do period. I don't like it when they're in 1st or 4th. Stop putting words in my mouth. :tongue:

2) Enough of the judging conspiracy theory. DC is subjective in some categories like all performing arts.

3) Get the *&^^$ out of all of the domes. If you can't find a better venue don't do a show there. DC fans do not have to be in air conditioning.

4) Ticket prices for finals are outrageous, especially to sit in an endzone. I can buy the entire DVD set for the cost of one ticket. Do the math. :rock:

5) More shows I can love: Troopers, SCV, Cadets, Boston, Stars. Enough of the intellectual pandering. Quit trying to be so deep. :ph34r:

1.) 99.05 was a tad excessive IMO. While I don't like the show, they did perform it very well. I just can't believe there was over one and half points between them and Crown.

2.) Stop promoting a retractable roof if it was never intended to be open due to the fact LOS has no drainage system and can't deal with even the briefest random rain shower.

3.) I really liked Crown's show. I really didn't want to. But I really did. Those kids brought it and I'm thrilled for them.

4.) Enough with the "make it look easy" argument. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. But please just make it look interesting.

5.) Spending $12 dollars for a "dinner" made up of a coke and a chicken strips is outrageous.

Also, I like microphones in the pit, sometimes they are turned up too loud yes, but before the mics, there were many shows where intricate parts never got heard, or were barely audible.

I usually agreed with this, and felt the amping of the pit was a good thing.

BUT in the Lucas Oil Dome APDs the thing that is barely audible is THE CORPS at certain points, over over-loud synth + pit and reverb.