Madison Welcomes Brad Green as Brass Co-Caption Head

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone comment about Brad as the latest addition to the Scouts Brass staff? Is he a good teacher?

Of course he is...I taught him everything he knows at North Texas! :cool: He was my Asst. Squad Leader my last year in MB...just turned everything over to him for the last show we did.

I know Brad and Nick get along quite well so this is a very good fit for Madison.

Nick was Brad's big bro in Sinfonia...same pledge class as mine. They were quite close then, too. Nothing sick, just a very good relationship. So their working together at SCV and Madtown doesn't surprise me at all.

What surprises me, though, is that he was so totally Cadets back in the day...kind of amazing that he hasn't ended up back there recently. Oh, well...benefits Madison, so what the heck?

No comment on this one. Brad Green is a great instructor and everything, but I wish he had stayed with the Blue Stars...

I had mixed feelings when it was announced that Brad Green wouldn't be with the Blue Stars in 2010 also. He's been instrumental in refining their sound for the last two years, but ultimately the signature sound of the Blue Stars began before him, and IMO is not yet done being refined. Frank Sullivan is amazing, and will bring to bear what IMO is the last stage in defining the Blue Stars horn line through being both the arranger and caption head.

Madison is getting a phenomenal brass guy in Brad Green. I truly believe he can help create a highly competitive brass line there, excellent pick up for Madison.

I had mixed feelings when it was announced that Brad Green wouldn't be with the Blue Stars in 2010 also. He's been instrumental in refining their sound for the last two years, but ultimately the signature sound of the Blue Stars began before him, and IMO is not yet done being refined. Frank Sullivan is amazing, and will bring to bear what IMO is the last stage in defining the Blue Stars horn line through being both the arranger and caption head.

Madison is getting a phenomenal brass guy in Brad Green. I truly believe he can help create a highly competitive brass line there, excellent pick up for Madison.

Agree with all the above.

So much staff incest in the whole Blue Stars/Crown/Madison area now. . . although I suppose it's not much different from what happened in the 80s with Cadets' alums taking over visual staffs left and right or what's happened with the Cavaliers in the 2000s. Just kind of funny.

Bozz, you captured things very well with this description. That being said, I'll miss Brad just as I miss Andy from before him. Brad is very talented and brings an extra measure of passion and showmanship which will be a great fit for Madison.

Brad is the man. He will be a great addition to Madison. I was hoping he would stay with Blue Stars for a little longer but oh well. I forsee Madison making finals this upcoming year.

So much staff incest in the whole Blue Stars/Crown/Madison area now. . . although I suppose it's not much different from what happened in the 80s with Cadets' alums taking over visual staffs left and right or what's happened with the Cavaliers in the 2000s. Just kind of funny.

LMAO! AWESOME comment! :cool: