Running Man Resigns from The Cadets

fifer

cadetlogo.th.jpg

This.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont pretend I'm happy to see him go, but its not the end of the world. It's not like that logo has been around forever - the picture itself is only 10 or 11 years old, and the logo has been used for 5 or 6 years (i think?). I just feel like it was a great representation of the cadets - and it was simple, which is a big plus. That said, there is a good chance the new logo will be awesome as well, so we'll just have to wait and see.

What was the running man running from?

It's a 'sillouette' of a picture taken during the 1998 cadets show, stonhenge. If you find it anywhere, the picture took place at the end of the opener during all the crazy drill, and its become a cadets emblem for most of the decade. The guy in the picture actually is on dcp...perhaps he'll chime in eventually on the death of his logo :ph34r:

Just want to say that the Cadets running man is perhaps my favorite logo of all the world class corps. I also love the turning arrows tremendously.

cadets2.jpg

Maybe this?

Whats funny about that - I never even got to wear that design in a show. The 03-06 unis cut out the frogs and made them straight lines. Ughh....jealous

I'm no graphic artist, but figured I'd give it a whirl. Kept it simple (see previous sentence). Thought process was the stripe down the pant leg, straight leg marching style, traditional, unique, with the name of the corps "at the top".

cadetslogomg.jpg

cadets2.jpg

Maybe this?

Very nice....although I would change the frogs to be a little less stylized. Drum corps fans would recognize them as part of the uniform, but someone not in our community might see them as three leaning crosses with matching shadows (although considering the origins of the corps, it fits). Replaced the sylized version with ones that actually look like the stripe, ball, and frog layout -- maybe reverse the colors (since no one calls Cadets the gold team, but plenty call them the maroon one) -- and you have a winner.

Edited by 84BDsop