When will Madison go Bb?

BadAzzMelloGrl

91 members have voted

1. 1. When will Madison go Bb?

• In 5 Years
    • In 10 Years
    • NEVER!

Here is the word on G vs. B flat straight from the Madison inside.

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:19:04 -0600

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your note! In addition to our stance on electronics, we

will be using G bugles for as long as G bugles are

manufactured. It

sounds like DEG will be making them for the foreseeable future.

Thanks,

Kent

webmaster@madison-corps.org

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mafields627

Earlier this year, the Cadets were selling off a round of Bb horns.  The ones they had were only a couple of years old.  The only reasons I could see for doing this is so they could match Crossmen, which are going to Bb; upgrading their Bb's to a bigger bore/the Xeno model; or going back to G.  Although, I think if they were going back to G, word would have leaked out by now plus, the pictures from their April camp clearly show Bb's.  No reason to make the members learn on Bb then change to G.

Earlier this year, the Cadets were selling off a round of Bb horns.  The ones they had were only a couple of years old.  The only reasons I could see for doing this is so they could match Crossmen, which are going to Bb; upgrading their Bb's to a bigger bore/the Xeno model; or going back to G.  Although, I think if they were going back to G, word would have leaked out by now plus, the pictures from their April camp clearly show Bb's.  No reason to make the members learn on Bb then change to G.

They are on Bb for at least this year.....BUT if they DID go back to G for whatever reason, it would show that Hoppy is doing nothing more than exerting his strong arm over the activity....just.....well....just because he can...  Why else would anyone go through all the trouble to change DCI rules to allow "any key" instrumentation and then go back to G bugles...?!  It would look like nothing more than a power trip on his behalf and, hopefully, that's how everyone else would see it....

OH man... I think If george did that he would be strung up by his toenails by every other director in DIC...

Gets everyone to Switch off of g  so they loose the volumne and intonation... and then goes back to G just to Get that sound back... the man has balls but I can't imagine he's that crazy!!!!!!!

That would be the biggest controversay ever in Drum Corps!

Oh I don't know bout that---The Cavaliers voted no on Bb's and switched anyway the first year.  That just seemed weird to me.

Some people need to relax and stop spreading rumors.  You guys are starting to sound like some of those parnoid posters on RAMD.  

Yes, YEA has sold all the bugles they own.  Yes, YEA has paid for all the Yamaha horns.

Ask questions, but there's no need to start rumors based on what some Joe-schmoe who has nothing to do with YEA comes up with.

Let's keep this forum positive and full of confirmed information.

Some people need to relax and stop spreading rumors.  You guys are starting to sound like some of those parnoid posters on RAMD.  

Yes, YEA has sold all the bugles they own.  Yes, YEA has paid for all the Yamaha horns.

Ask questions, but there's no need to start rumors based on what some Joe-schmoe who has nothing to do with YEA comes up with.

Let's keep this forum positive and full of confirmed information.

Thank you Mike

Well said

I seriously doubt the Cadets would switch back to Bb.  That would essentially mean that George was admitting that he was wrong about the multi-key rule (if there is a right or wrong involved with it, depending on your viewpoint).

Also, arent they working on developing the Bb horns that are built more like G bugles to get a more direct and intense sound?   Why wouldnt he just wait until these were ready?

Some time in between the Cubs winning the World Series and #### freezing over. In other words, NEVER!!!!!!!! ]:-)