Which 2009 World Class Finalist will not repeat?

Geneva

This is not meant as flame bait. I am very excited about the staff which Madison has coming together for this next season. I would be astounded if they do not make finals next year. Not only is this a great move for Madison, but great for drum corps in general. It can only serve to raise the bar even higher.

I can think of no one more qualified to reestablish the Madison brand as, "the drum corps', drum corps" than James Mason. James, having marched with them in 1975 lived the dream of Madison's heyday. I marched against Madison often during the 1974 season and was completely taken by the image which this corps projected. 1975 was like them taking care of a little unfinished business from 1974 (the championship). I am thrilled to see that the task of reestablishing the Madison brand is in capable and understanding hands. And what a staff he is putting together! I can't wait to see the 2010 product. I would predict some ground breaking concepts in the finest Madison tradition. I hope the corps members realize how lucky they are...oh, to be young again and experience this opportunity.

I welcome your thoughts.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FACT: Scouts will be no lower than 10th next summer.

And to answer your question, The Troopers (unfortunately).

The top ten is tough to break into, even for Madison and their dream staff. I would not bet too much money on your fact. It very well could happen, but the odds are certainly not better than 50/50.

FACT: Scouts will be no lower than 10th next summer.

And to answer your question, The Troopers (unfortunately).

Your gonna come on DCP and say "FACT" yeah... sure... and they were supposed to be up in 6th this past season... yuppers.. don't forget, they still have to put together a good corps... the names are great.. they can put out a great design I'm sure... but will it fit the corps they have, and will the instructional staff do it's job. It's not just the design team folks.

They are still going to be fighting a lot of other corps to get into finals.

Anyway, topic on hand- who will be out. It's hard to say this early... the only corps making any announcements are the Scouts... and there is really nothing to base anything on. No show choices, not many staff announcements still coming in.

Troopers will have to fight to stay in, same with BK and Glassmen. BK has the best chance at staying IMO. Basically the troop is in the most danger, the 10-16/17 area shall be very competitive as usual. It all depends on show designs, and who has the cleanest show come finals week.

I took the bait... I posted in a prediction thread in september, shame on me.

The top ten is tough to break into, even for Madison and their dream staff. I would not bet too much money on your fact. It very well could happen, but the odds are certainly not better than 50/50.

Oh I think they're better than that. Magic came back from the dead and made Finals after competing in Div. II that whole season, mainly because of their all-star staff. The Madison staff is a much, much stronger and more cohesive unit than what Magic had, and the early buzz will mean a high probability of a good deal of talent at auditions.

They aren't going to be top 5, but a minimum of 70-80% chance they get back in top 12 is a safe bet.