Cadets 2010 Show

Hoping, junior, hoping. The simpler they get, the more they return to basics, the better their results and the happier the fan base. Last year was the beginning of that move; let's hope they continue to minimize the "noise" - or, better yet eliminate it all together - and focus on the great music and fast feet. I certainly didn't miss the amateurish singing, acting, narration that cluttered the past few years' shows. Continue to streamline the junk and focus on what made them great.

The ballad in 06 was far from amateurish...the young lady did an excellent job. The 07 narration helped sell a great show, and the 05 show was all around one of my favorite Cadet shows ever.

These are part and parcel of what the Cadets great...not being content to be pigeonholed into just one thing.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious to see how Howard Hanson's stuff will translate to the field. Has a corps ever done his music? And considering Hanson is a Nebraska native, I'll add the complimentary Go Big Red

We (Cadets) played the "Children's Dance" in 1972 as part of our 'No More War' show....just a short bit.

Is it June yet....?

... I hate the off season. Must be what it was like for Robert Downey Jr. constantly going in to and out of rehab on a yearly basis.

I need a fix....

Full press release.

Cadets Design Team making progress on plans for 2010

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

By: George Hopkins

Source material for corps' program narrowed to four

Designers have pinned down the source material for the 2010 Cadets program.

The Cadets Design Team met in New York in late September and continues to work over the phone as the winter season comes quickly to the forefront. Much still has to be worked out, but as of today, the compositions to be used are in focus, as well as the theme of the program.

“We have every intention of again being the crowd favorite. The idea that effect is something other than communication with the audience is not of all that much interest to our team right now,” said George Hopkins, Director of the Cadets. “We love a response from the audience but more than that, we love that the students LOVE the response of the audience.”

At this juncture, the design team is not in a position to officially announce plans for the coming summer other than to announce the source of our musical ideas.

As of October 1st, the source material for summer 2010 will be drawn from:

* Samuel Barber

* Jay Bocook

* Howard Hanson

* Nicholai Rimsky-Korsakov

The program is still in design discussions but speed, excitement and a challenge for the members is at the top of the list in importance.

More calls and conferences are forthcoming. Expect further announcements in late October.

AUDITION CAMP FAST APPROACHING

The 2010 Cadets will hold their Audition/Experience Camp on Nov. 20-22nd at Woodstown High School in Woodstown, N.J. Brass, percussion and colorguard performers are invited to come to camp to audition, or see what the drum corps experience is all about. The Cadets leadership team will also conduct a leadership track for high school and college drum majors and section leaders.

CLICK HERE to read Frequently Asked Questions about the Cadets Audition/Experience Camp.

CLICK HERE for audition and registration forms.

For more information on Audition/Experience Camp, contact Cadets Assistant Director Justin Heimbecker at Justin@yea.org, or by telephone at (610) 821-0345, Ext. 112.

Edited by boxingfred

I know it's not much... but it looks good to me!

Not much? It's source material!

Hold the course, Hop. No piano, no singing, no vocals...no electronics necessary. All will be good.

Move fast, play well. Remember the sounds of the crowd cheering wildly last year? That can all be yours again.

There has yet to be a year past...83?...when they haven't moved fast and played well.

I'd march there if they had a hole late season... just with those composers being announced. If I had money, I'd probably go audition there... and that takes a lot for me to say, trust me.

Full press release.

Cadets Design Team making progress on plans for 2010

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

By: George Hopkins

Source material for corps' program narrowed to four

Designers have pinned down the source material for the 2010 Cadets program.

The Cadets Design Team met in New York in late September and continues to work over the phone as the winter season comes quickly to the forefront. Much still has to be worked out, but as of today, the compositions to be used are in focus, as well as the theme of the program.

“We have every intention of again being the crowd favorite. The idea that effect is something other than communication with the audience is not of all that much interest to our team right now,” said George Hopkins, Director of the Cadets. “We love a response from the audience but more than that, we love that the students LOVE the response of the audience.”

At this juncture, the design team is not in a position to officially announce plans for the coming summer other than to announce the source of our musical ideas.

As of October 1st, the source material for summer 2010 will be drawn from:

* Samuel Barber

* Jay Bocook

* Howard Hanson

* Nicholai Rimsky-Korsakov

The program is still in design discussions but speed, excitement and a challenge for the members is at the top of the list in importance.

More calls and conferences are forthcoming. Expect further announcements in late October.

AUDITION CAMP FAST APPROACHING

The 2010 Cadets will hold their Audition/Experience Camp on Nov. 20-22nd at Woodstown High School in Woodstown, N.J. Brass, percussion and colorguard performers are invited to come to camp to audition, or see what the drum corps experience is all about. The Cadets leadership team will also conduct a leadership track for high school and college drum majors and section leaders.

CLICK HERE to read Frequently Asked Questions about the Cadets Audition/Experience Camp.

CLICK HERE for audition and registration forms.

For more information on Audition/Experience Camp, contact Cadets Assistant Director Justin Heimbecker at Justin@yea.org, or by telephone at (610) 821-0345, Ext. 112.

again being the crowd favorite?? i know they were A favorite this year, but THE crowd favorite??? hmmm

anyway I loved the show personally , and it looks like they will be staying away from vocals and crap from what this says... give us another show we love!