Cadets 2010 Show

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, kind of. We know they are drawing from a certain 4 composers. Those composers have tons and tons of work that could be chosen to put into an 11 minute show.

Its more than most corps put out....which is an announcement like this

"The (insert corps name here) are excited to announce their 2010 production (clever wordplay or pun). The 2010 (insert corps name here) will delve into the mysteries of (something noone cares about), and present an exciting, innovative, classic, modern, esoteric, (insert 13 more descriptors here) musical and visual fusion of artistically combined artistry in a dazzling display of artistic-ness. The design staff of (someone who will never see the corps), and (someone who noone likes), and (some guy who just aged out) are working hard to pull all the pieces together. Audition applications are (insert grossly exaggerated and positive figure here), and the 2010 season is sure to be one to remember.

So yeah....im pretty happy with source music.

"The (insert corps name here) are excited to announce their 2010 production (clever wordplay or pun). The 2010 (insert corps name here) will delve into the mysteries of (something noone cares about), and present an exciting, innovative, classic, modern, esoteric, (insert 13 more descriptors here) musical and visual fusion of artistically combined artistry in a dazzling display of artistic-ness. The design staff of (someone who will never see the corps), and (someone who noone likes), and (some guy who just aged out) are working hard to pull all the pieces together. Audition applications are (insert grossly exaggerated and positive figure here), and the 2010 season is sure to be one to remember.

your description is kinda like what most corps have played lately...lots of (insert 13 more descriptors here) but not much substance...

I like the announcement...

I laughed the whole time I was reading that. That really is what I think sometimes when I read some corps' description of their upcoming shows. It's like they're just slinging crap at the fans in the hopes that they'll just absorb it. And sadly, they usually do.

I laughed the whole time I was reading that. That really is what I think sometimes when I read some corps' description of their upcoming shows. It's like they're just slinging crap at the fans in the hopes that they'll just absorb it. And sadly, they usually do.

What's even more funny is how people eat up the shows but then complain on the off-season about discriptions of them. That's REALLY funny.

What's even more funny is how people eat up the shows but then complain on the off-season about discriptions of them. That's REALLY funny.

Its hit or miss. Sometimes (and someone else can dig this up) it works, such as with crown this past year. I remember reading the show announcement and thinking WTF?!?!?.....but it obviously worked out just fine. Id say more often then not though...announcements about nothing usually lead to shows about...

Its hit or miss. Sometimes (and someone else can dig this up) it works, such as with crown this past year. I remember reading the show announcement and thinking WTF?!?!?.....but it obviously worked out just fine. Id say more often then not though...announcements about nothing usually lead to shows about...

Yes, but there have not been many shows that can clearly convey a theme to more than 50% of the crowd. There will always be some people who get it, and some people who are sitting there saying "huh?"...the fact that those people may not understand the theme doesn't necessarily mean the show doesn't work..and I know you're not saying that at all. I'm just making a point.

You should get someone to record in this in a BBC / Python-esque voice. It's certainly how I heard it when I read it.

I say...spot on ol' chap! Bravo!