2010 Predictions (Thats right, its THAT time of the off-season)

1. Crown: finally put it together with a great show design, epic brass, good percussion and a fantastic guard.

2. Cadets: Drop even more voice, put on another great show, bringing back the quality we remember.

3. BD: bring back the BD we know and love, with a great brass book, solid visuals, but dropping the furniture.

4. SCV: A return to the top for the red and green team, with the the best show since Sheherezade

5. Cav's: Continue to rest on their laurels, but without the quality of the 2002-2006 era. Show design keeps them from going higher

6. Blue Stars: Surprise finish over the course of the last 2 weeks of the season; the presence of an army of props is used effectively, but still keeps them from going higher. Increasing improvement over the season in the percussion section helps, too.

7. Boston: continue their duel with the Blue Stars, but end up on the wrong side this season.

8. Phantom: Rebuilding year for the regiment- better show design, but still not up to the standards of 1989/2006.

9. Troopers: Continue their climb to stardom, with an incredible show.

10. Glassmen: Finally, a boost for the G-men. An inspired show, but not quite the confidence to pull it off. Next year is looking up, though.

11. Spirit: Strong showing, but the community sees their show as too 'marching band'; good execution, but the design holds them back.

12. Colts: Return to finals, but an unoriginal show keeps them from getting anywhere but 12th, despite solid execution.

Should be a great year on Saturday night!!! :tongue::blink::blink:

I totally forgot Bluecoats were going inactive this year out of anger for not winning the Chase Money Giveaway on Facebook... :tongue:

This is a mix of what I would like to see and what I think is realistic.

1.A Blue Corps with Shakos

2.A Maroon and Gold corps

3.A Red and Green corps

4.A cream and what ever other color they decide on this year corps

5.A blue corps with Helmets

6.A white and Blue corps with a Star on them

7.A all male green corps

8.A sexy guard corps

9.A corps made of glass

10.A white corps

11.A Red and Black corps that rehearses in really hot temperatures

12.An All Male corps with an old look

13.A corps with snot rags around their necks

14.A corps that likes to dance

15.A corps that is full of Idiots Out Walking Around

16.a Corps full of bones

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCP's being weird and not posting my replies, and I don't even know if this one will get through, but let me sum things up - You = Wrong. I've listened to the show plenty (I performed it), and never once heard the synth overpower the brass, definitely not in the end of the opener.

Being on the field and being in the audience are two different things. Just because you didn't perceive the synth as being too loud while in the ensemble doesn't mean that it wasn't too loud in the stands where the speakers are pointing.

It looks like you're being a bit defensive. It's just DCP.

I'm sure this will change right after I see everyone, but, still some fun..........

1-12

Crown

Phantom

SCV

Cadets

BD

Cavaliers

Madison

Blue Stars

Bluecoats

Blue Knights

Boston

Troopers

13-17

Spirit

Glassmen

Colts

Academy

Crossmen

18-

Jersey Surf

Cascades

Pacific Crest

Mandarins

Pioneer

GB

[

21.Pioneer-Still not last. No Irish music. And a full sized hornline (16, 16, 8, 8)

A side note that's interesting.

1. In 2002 Cascades were in finals and Carolina Crown missed finals. Wow the surge a corps can make in just 7 years. Makes you think doesn't it?

Oh you are so funny, what about is just keep those funny comments to yourself

1) Crown

2) SCV

3) Blue Devils

4) Blue Stars

5) Cadets

6) Cavaliers

7) Bluecoats

8) Phantom Regiment

9) Madison

10) Boston

11) Blue Knights

12) Glassmen

if this placement became true, I'm trying to think of the last time a Corps that says that it hails from the state of Illinois failed to finish in the top 5 at DCI Finals.

( edit.. I looked it up myself): 1975 was the last time a Corps from Iliinois did not finish in the top 5 at DCI Finals( 35 years ago.)

Edited by BRASSO

I totally forgot Bluecoats were going inactive this year out of anger for not winning the Chase Money Giveaway on Facebook... :blink:

1) Yeah, didn't you hear? They decided to devote this year to perfecting next years' show- they're not allowing anyone to age out this year :tongue:

2) actually just forgot about them. they'll probly be somewhere around 5-7 again... my bad. :tongue:

I totally forgot Bluecoats were going inactive this year out of anger for not winning the Chase Money Giveaway on Facebook... :tongue:

This is a mix of what I would like to see and what I think is realistic.

1.A Blue Corps with Shakos

2.A Maroon and Gold corps

3.A Red and Green corps

4.A cream and what ever other color they decide on this year corps

5.A blue corps with Helmets

6.A white and Blue corps with a Star on them

7.A all male green corps

8.A sexy guard corps

9.A corps made of glass

10.A white corps

11.A Red and Black corps that rehearses in really hot temperatures

12.An All Male corps with an old look

13.A corps with snot rags around their necks

14.A corps that likes to dance

15.A corps that is full of Idiots Out Walking Around

16.a Corps full of bones

I like how you did this. Just had to say that.

if this placement became true, I'm trying to think of the last time a Corps that says that it hails from the state of Illinois failed to finish in the top 5 at DCI Finals.

( edit.. I looked it up myself): 1975 was the last time a Corps from Iliinois did not finish in the top 5 at DCI Finals( 35 years ago.)

If you wanna get technical, 2009 was the last time a Corps from Illinois did not finish in the top 5 at DCI Finals.